F1 2016

kerrdavidson95

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be Wehrlein and he'll be under strict instructions not to make Hamilton kick in the anti-stall at the start of the race, blow up his engines or make him drive onto the grass at 150mph on lap 1 instead of braking and waiting for another overtaking opportunity.

Can't see Alonso at Mercedes alongside Hamilton, that would not work and could damage the team even worse. If it turns out to be the case it would be a huge gamble for Alonso who might go for bust for one season, a world title or retire, or a world title and then retire. Problem is that nearly all the drivers who raced this season are now tied up in contracts for next season. It will cost Mercedes a lot of money to sign Vettel, Alonso or Ricciardo

I think Wehrlein might be the preferred option, he's part of the next generation coming through, he will very much be number 2 in the team obviously (remains to be seen whether he is fast enough to push Hamilton) so life at Mercedes should be more peaceful in 2017 unless he is bloody quick and also he's German which helps keep the home support happy.

Where's Bernie? We can't have the World Champion retire and not defend his title.

Pascal Wehrlein has already ran in the Mercs during the 2017 tyre testing earlier this year so I will be shocked if it's anyone else, he'll become a very obedient no2 driver.

As for Nico, fair play.  He has been with Mercedes since they came into F1 and has been a the perfect company driver, I would imagine that come the next season of Formula E when Mercedes enter a team he'll be driving for them. 

Archived