Scotrail

ScottR96

Work starting at Queen Street in a couple of weeks means it'll be an big b*****d getting the train to Glasgow from Aberdeen, Perth, Dundee etc. It's on until August.

From Aberdeen trains will be about 30mins longer and will run in and out of Central instead of Queen St.

As I normally heading on to Ayrshire, saves a walk from Queen St to Central each way.

Only folk suffering will be the bars round Queen St missing my alcohol purchasing.

Work starting at Queen Street in a couple of weeks means it'll be an big b*****d getting the train to Glasgow from Aberdeen, Perth, Dundee etc. It's on until August.

A one-month closure of the Subway in the middle of that, too. Great joined-up thinking once again.

Any train journeys towards Queen Street will be getting avoided like the plague as of 2 weeks time

Disaster waiting to happen and the Scotrail staff are the ones who will suffer no end of abuse on a daily basis no doubt

Scotrail have already warned that any train failure will cause major disruptions to the temporary time table. Due to the lack of train paths(they are adding more trains to lines that are already busy) and the lack of spare trains they can use.

Its cheaper (and quicker door-to-door) for me to drive from Airdrie to the place where I'm doing a bit of studying near Bellgrove. Even managed to get a coffee out of Coia's on Duke Street before heading down Abercromby Road this morning, before the train even got in.

The prices do baffle me. It's cheaper south of Dumfries to get cheap day returns rather than singles. No idea why this is the case.

£1.90 for an off-peak return from Central to Partick. £2.10 for a single.

Just checked my timetable for getting to work and Uni.

It's basically going to mean me with an extra 3 hours a week at Central Station. An earlier start and getting to work either horribly early or too late.

Damn you Scotrail. I give you over £40 a week for this dross.

Just checked my timetable for getting to work and Uni.

It's basically going to mean me with an extra 3 hours a week at Central Station. An earlier start and getting to work either horribly early or too late.

Damn you Scotrail. I give you over £40 a week for this dross.

But you're going to get a new super-duper tunnel at the end of it.  Not that you're going to be able to see it, seeing as it'll still be pure dark when you go through it.  Unless the upgrade includes the installation of strip lighting or something.

And as I type, I realise you're going Milngavie-Ayrhsire, so you don't get a daily jaunt through the new tunnel.  Sorry.

But you're going to get a new super-duper tunnel at the end of it. Not that you're going to be able to see it, seeing as it'll still be pure dark when you go through it. Unless the upgrade includes the installation of strip lighting or something.

And as I type, I realise you're going Milngavie-Ayrhsire, so you don't get a daily jaunt through the new tunnel. Sorry.

Exactly, I get inconvenienced for months so people like you* and your fancy, high level trains get some posh new tunnel to admire.

I like the idea of strip lighting in the tunnel mind you, make it an attraction.

*I've no idea if you do get any use out of it. But for arguments sake I'm going to imagine you do.

£1.90 for an off-peak return from Central to Partick. £2.10 for a single.

I had to get an open return ticket from Aberdeen to Nottingham recently for work (so thankfully I wasn't paying).

£166 for the return yet £165 for the single.

Had I been able to commit to certain times / dates for advance fares then I would have just flown to East Midlands.