Partick Thistle vs Motherwell, Tuesday 2/2/16

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, any news on this being on or off?

If it's on, I'd bring in Gomis for Lasley. Chris Cadden doesn't deserve to lose his place after his performances in the last couple of games.

Ripley

Law Hall McManus Hammell

Cadden Gomis Pearson Johnson

Moult McDonald

Scrappy 1-1 draw.

Despite a lot of overnight rain the ground staff are working extremely hard today to ensure tonight's game goes ahead as planned. Contrary to inaccurate reports on the BBC website the game has not been postponed and the club will be doing everything it can to ensure the match goes ahead.

We will reassess the pitch later this afternoon and a further update will be provided at that time.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/pitch_condition_update

I think it'll be off tbh.

I know you can get 10 different forecasts from 10 different websites, but here's the met office one. Baltic if it does go ahead but looks like 6pm inspection and off to me.

post-107-0-74623400-1454410835_thumb.png

I miss the days of watching Cowdenbeath fans clear snow off the pitch on a webcam.

I know you can get 10 different forecasts from 10 different websites, but here's the met office one. Baltic if it does go ahead but looks like 6pm inspection and off to me.

attachicon.gifweather.png

I miss the days of watching Cowdenbeath fans clear snow off the pitch on a webcam.

Or you can get the accurate information from the Norwegian met office at yr.no

Can't be arsed with this tonight so it'll probably be on :(

I doubt our new wunderkinder will be available as he was knocking the shit out of the rangers development squad the other night but he might get a bench place.

I'd guess the German will be hoping for the bench too as he appears to have just been eating out since December ;)

From Facebook taken earlier today:

post-1545-14544159218053_thumb.jpg

post-1545-14544159371696_thumb.jpg

Apparently we've got a company in to help out with the drainage/ water logging issue.

Maybe we could all nip into the bathroom cabinet and try this ingenious too tip from Greenock?

post-1545-14544160254123_thumb.jpg

Decision to be made this afternoon.

Tuesday 2nd February 2016 at 10:46

Despite a lot of overnight rain the ground staff are working extremely hard today to ensure tonight's game goes ahead as planned. Contrary to inaccurate reports on the BBC website the game has not been postponed and the club will be doing everything it can to ensure the match goes ahead.
We will reassess the pitch later this afternoon and a further update will be provided at that time.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/pitch_condition_update

I think it'll be on. Archibald saying that he thought the pitch was playable on Saturday.

With our new signings and injured players back we're actually looking pretty strong.

Cerny

Dumbuya Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Edwards Amoo

Doolan

That would leave us with Gallacher, Miller, Welsh, Elliott, German, Nesbitt, Fraser/Pogba. I'd only go with Edwards from a purely selfish point of view - I've never actually seen him kick a football. Fully expecting Welsh to start though.

I agree with the Morello's shout too. Great kebabs.

I like that team actually. I'd maybe go with Fraser ahead of REdwards if he was fit.

Club is looking for volunteers to hand out the latest Kings Ford arty football tie in tonight as the Weir Academy players all have matches tonight.

Anyone who is skint gets free entry if they turn up at the club for half six.

I think this could be on, maybe Doolan will have another storming midweek performance against a Lanarkshire team following a postponement...

I think it'll be on. Archibald saying that he thought the pitch was playable on Saturday.

With our new signings and injured players back we're actually looking pretty strong.

Cerny

Dumbuya Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Edwards Amoo

Doolan

That would leave us with Gallacher, Miller, Welsh, Elliott, German, Nesbitt, Fraser/Pogba. I'd only go with Edwards from a purely selfish point of view - I've never actually seen him kick a football. Fully expecting Welsh to start though.

I agree with the Morello's shout too. Great kebabs.

I think Archie will stick with the familiar midfield 3 for tonight, Nesbitt played yesterday and German hasn't played in 2 months, think they'll both be subs at best and can be thrown on if / when we're chasing the game.

The calzones in Morello's are monumental. I might still go for one even if the game's off.

Archived