Ross County vs Dundee United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

lionel hutz

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really understand why, having conceded 3 goals at home to a team who outplayed us, we then did the same thing again.

I know too much gets made of systems, tactics, etc.; but I do think they have a big role to play, and its a bit gutting that we seem to have gone for the "fight harder! get in their faces from the whistle! take strength from the badge!" school of 'how to deal with losing games'.

May be harsh given we altered the personnel, which would have impacted on how management thought the game would go, but it panned out pretty much as I feared.
Aye, we scored twice, in part due to fixing (only) one of the problems (putting a winger on the wing who set up Boyce from what I made out?), so that created one goal, and the other was a penalty.
The rest wasn't fixed and we got beat again.

At least my betting account has finally made a profit now. I used to never bet on County games, but we've become so predictable I've made a decent wee bit of dosh lately.

A frustrated post, so its likely there will be folk who disagree, and I'll probably want to delete this in a couple of days when I'm less gutted.
But well done to Dundee United, to play with 10 men away from home and leave with a victory and 3 goals scored has to be applauded!
If you get Rangers next I'll be right behind you!

Archived