General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I mean sure he's a scumbag but the last Libdem leader was if anything more of a homophobe, am I supposed to believe Libdems suddenly care about things like this?

There will be some people in the rank and file that do.

The LibDems are full of contradictions.  As the GE approaches I hope the SNP go for the austerity enabling Swinson’s throat.

I’d love to see her one-on-one on a stage with Sturgeon; Sturgeon would eviscerate her.

8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Joanna Cherry, buoyed from her court victory, is pompously threatening to sue anyone who calls her a transphobe on twitter just now. This absolutely won't blow up in her face when the English court disagrees with the Scottish court tomorrow.

Can't find that, but her hashtaging the court thing tomorrow as #Cherrycase says all I thought about her.

Joanna Cherry, buoyed from her court victory, is pompously threatening to sue anyone who calls her a transphobe on twitter just now. This absolutely won't blow up in her face when the English court disagrees with the Scottish court tomorrow.
What was said? It seems to have been deleted for some reason.

These court cases against proroguing parliament could backfire if the Supreme Court says the Government can do it whenever and for as long as they like, and for whatever reason. The Government would feel empowered to prorogue it again till we crash out, assuming they find a way around the Benn bill.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This sort of patter is undoubtedly the worst thing about the Brexit debate.

Emma Barnett was using this line yesterday when interviewing Labour defector to LibDems Angela Smith.

I despise Smith, cannot stand the LibDems and normally really like Barnett, but she made a total arse of herself repeating that the LibDems should drop the ‘Democrat’ from their name.

image.png.ff4a194fa8244699ff1861d383a6ed83.png

"Who the f**k does that Labour bitch think she is, talking about how the party should be going forward, only been here 2 days, that's my fucking business."

"Jesus, what have I got myself into, this dipstick couldn't manage a chippie. Time for me and Chuka to sort out a takeover. After the election will do."

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Emma Barnett was using this line yesterday when interviewing Labour defector to LibDems Angela Smith.

I despise Smith, cannot stand the LibDems and normally really like Barnett, but she made a total arse of herself repeating that the LibDems should drop the ‘Democrat’ from their name.

The people in Smith's seat didn't vote for a Lib Dem MP and the Lib Dem candidate only got 2000 votes.

She should call a by election.