General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Apparently there’s nothing wrong with an MP sexting two women over 2,000 times in 21 days!

We obviously don’t set a very high bar for our elected representatives.

https://news.sky.com/story/sexting-tory-mp-andrew-griffiths-cleared-of-wrongdoing-by-parliamentary-watchdog-11804915

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is Javid every bit as ridiculous as Johnson?

Looks aside, he is a buffoon.

He’s a liar.

When he says talks aimed at finding an alternative to the backstop are progressing it’s a lie.  

When Raab says that Johnson will not call for an extension but will not break the law it’s a lie.

When Johnson says getting a Deal is his priority it’s a lie.

It’s right out of the Trump playbook; lie constantly and lie about everything and people begin to accept it as the new norm.

He’s a liar.
When he says talks aimed at finding an alternative to the backstop are progressing it’s a lie.  
When Raab says that Johnson will not call for an extension but will not break the law it’s a lie.
It’s right out of the Trump playbook; lie constantly and lie about everything and people begin to accept it as the new norm.

I was in the company of a retired guy last week who had achieved a Brexit bingo 'house' within five minutes, concluding with a spittle-flecked rant about the Germans. He also believed that Johnson was the man for the job.
We underestimate the number of these idiots at our peril.

31 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Corbyn claiming today that Boris has prorogued Parliament in order to avoid PMQs on Wednesday.

Stupid thing to say. When did a PM last answer a question at PMQs?

More likely because he was due to face the heads of all the select committees. They would have ripped into him.

Not a dry eye in the house at Bercow's announcement to stand down.......On the opposition benches.
Some great speeches in tribute to him. He will be missed.
It's a bit of a circle w**k though. These c***s patting themselves on the back so much makes me a touch queasy.

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a liar.

Couple of days ago, in my car,  a piece came up on BBC R4, that was part of an interview  with Anthony Scaramucci ,

Trumps former director of communications. 

Scaramuchi said that the people who followed Trump were those whose opinions of polticians was that you knew when politicans were lying,

because you could see their lips moving.

Lying is what they expect.  And Trump just feeds their prejudices back to them.

Ditto Johnson, it seems.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Not a dry eye in the house at Bercow's announcement to stand down.......On the opposition benches.

It's a bit of a circle w**k though. These c***s patting themselves on the back so much makes me a touch queasy.

Yes, perhaps it's becoming a tad overdone now. He is a Speaker that has made parliamentary debates well worth watching all the same - especially for those that can remember Michael Martin.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Bercow is a Tory c**t but the phrase “My enemy’s enemy is my friend” is more relevant now than it has been for a long time.