General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

21 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

image.png.2f623c681fb72feb180a78bf37b8e40c.png

Some arseholes are going to be at a loose end this weekend.

I've just heard the Leader of the Orange Order in Scotland on the Radio Scotland news complaining that they're "being discriminated against"

Err.... 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've just heard the Leader of the Orange Order in Scotland on the Radio Scotland news complaining that they're "being discriminated against"

Err.... 

They're a bunch of oversensitive fat bigots. There were some tremendous tantrums from these vermin when folk objected to them marching in fucking Dunkeld of all places. 

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 07.39.04.png

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

They're a bunch of oversensitive fat bigots. There were some tremendous tantrums from these vermin when folk objected to them marching in fucking Dunkeld of all places. 

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 07.39.04.png

They are marking the 430th anniversary of the Battle of Dunkeld. 

Crackpottery but no more than any other Battle/War celebrations. 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Risky business recruiting agents to infiltrate Jihadi networks, can't be sure of their mindset when they return. I've read Le Carre, I know this stuff.

That's not what happened. The UK government were basically running the Jihadis as part of the war in Libya. 

Abedi and also one of the London Bridge attackers were part of Libyan Islamic Fighting Group which has a 30 year relationship with the British state. 

Bigots in Glasgow shocker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49690444
This is hilarious -
The Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination group, backed by the Orange Order, organised Saturday's protest outside Glasgow City Chambers.

It's anything but hilarious, and once again demonstrates the problems which will need to be dealt with if Scotland becomes independent.

Today's nonsense involves hard of thinking Unionist bigots, the same rabble who were in George Square on the night of 15th September 2014, whilst the Republican mob would do us all a great favour if they took their passion for Ireland across there on a permanent basis.

I'm all for civil liberties but both of these extreme factions now need to be hobbled at every opportunity, and if that means banning public assembly under threat of arrest then so be it.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Bigots in Glasgow shocker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49690444

This is hilarious -

The most telling part of that is the last paragraph. From the top Protestant church in Scotland.

"The Church of Scotland said it recognised that the decision made by Glasgow City Council was not based on religious discrimination nor a desire to oppress the protestant faith."

Another one of the tories that had the whip withdrawn has joined the libs .Sam gymia.Is there more tory libs now ?
I just find it amusing that Queen Jo wheels these rejects out as some kind of proud that her crew are relevant.
Nothing at all to do with all these "independents" and such needing to fund an election campaign soon, and having no intention of using their own money to do so.[emoji383][emoji23]

4 hours ago, thisal said:

The most telling part of that is the last paragraph. From the top Protestant church in Scotland.

"The Church of Scotland said it recognised that the decision made by Glasgow City Council was not based on religious discrimination nor a desire to oppress the protestant faith."

Aye, but this lot have never been in a church in Scotland. Their idea of "church" is going to Ibrox and most of them don't even manage that.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I just find it amusing that Queen Jo wheels these rejects out as some kind of proud that her crew are relevant.
Nothing at all to do with all these "independents" and such needing to fund an election campaign soon, and having no intention of using their own money to do so.emoji383.pngemoji23.png

Doesn't that show just how screwed up our political system is when you need to have deep pockets or get funding from others just to stand in an election?

9 hours ago, Stevieda said:
11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Doesn't that show just how screwed up our political system is when you need to have deep pockets or get funding from others just to stand in an election?

What do you suggest, tax payer funded campaigns for any chump that wants to stand?

Reduce the spending limits. At a by-election, the parties get to spend £100,000. How can any individual compete with that?