What have you learned today?

Blootoon87

There are no legal tender notes in Scotland.

English notes, with a value of less than five pounds, are the only exception to this I think I read somewhere.

So, BoE £1 and 10/- notes were, at one point anyway, legal tender in Scotland, and would be again should either be reintroduced.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English notes, with a value of less than five pounds, are the only exception to this I think I read somewhere.

So, BoE £1 and 10/- notes were, at one point anyway, legal tender in Scotland, and would be again should either be reintroduced.

I wasn't aware of this, thank you.

It's always good to have the facts at hand, when the old, tired, funny money debate pops up with my English colleagues.

That has always been my understanding.

Abi Titmuss is an actress on days of our lives and live in Hollywood.

She's come a long way since being raped by John Leslie.

Allegedly.

Wow there's a name from the w**k archives

ETA: Titmuss not Days of our lives or Leslie.

I always thought that only coins were legal tender and that notes never have been. Don't know where i've got that from. Ho-hum. Carry on.

Abi Titmuss is an actress on days of our lives and live in Hollywood.

She's come a long way since being raped by John Leslie.

Allegedly.

I think you are thinking of another blonde tv personality.

Titmuss became famous for the leaked sex video.

Slash, him oot of Guns n Roses is from Stoke.

I knew that and won twenty quid off a never wrong at work, doubled to forty when he wouldn't believe David Byrne was fae Dumbarton. Whole thing started cause he thought Chrissie Hynde was the best British female singer.????

Archived