Partick Thistle - St Johnstone, Tues 23rd Feb

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mannus made what looked like a semi-reasonable save with the one he touched onto the woodwork early doors in the second half. Such a momentous occasion that it's hard to focus on much else regarding his performance. I was there the night Mannus finally made a save again, they will say.

And he left his line for a corner too!

And he left his line for a corner too!

Suspect your favourite player might lose his shirt on Saturday. Dreadful defending for the opener and his lack of leadership very evident when Krachunov came on. Only problem is Shaughnessy doesn't have those qualities either and they are probably needed when a guy that doesn't speak much English is introduced to the defence.

There is no way that attendance last night is correct, surely? Should start with a three, rather than a two?

I've thought in the past at times that our attendances have been under-reported but a few people I spoke to last night all thought around 2,500, so the given figure was probably about right. Disappointing but not much we can do.

We seem to be the opposite from Celtic with regards to our official attendances.

Bearing in mind that the Jackie Husband Stand holds 6000 - do you think last nights total crowd equated to only 1/3 of that stand?

I think not.

One issue I have with Pogba is that despite him being the biggest c**t on the park, he rarely wins aerial challenges. Just can't jump high enough.

Agreed. He looked a lot better yesterday than any other time I've seen him though. Looks a bit fitter. Was a bit harsh to take him off I thought, for about 43 seconds at least.

Thought it was a good game last night. Not a lot in it until the first goal then Thistle were pretty comfortable. Elliott was the best player on the park by a country mile. Shown a massive improvement from when he first joined to what he is now, completely different player. Thought Pogba had a good first 20 minutes then seemed to get overly frustrated. Seaborne and Frans were solid at the back and thought Miller had a good game as well. Liking the look of Nesbitt and think we'll see the best of him if he gets a run in the team.

Smart substitutions from Archie to bring Doolan and Amoo on. The Saints defence looked a bit vulnerable when they were exposed to pace and it showed, particularly with the second goal where no one could keep up with Amoo's running. Amoo seems to be better as an impact sub but if he starts playing like that from the beginning of games then he's going to be a massive asset for the remainder of the season.

We seem to be the opposite from Celtic with regards to our official attendances.

Bearing in mind that the Jackie Husband Stand holds 6000 - do you think last nights total crowd equated to only 1/3 of that stand?

I think not.

Are there actual benefits to us from reporting attendances as lower than they actually are?

I agree generally, and there have been plenty of times I've been sure it's been under-reported. Why, though?

Suspect your favourite player might lose his shirt on Saturday. Dreadful defending for the opener and his lack of leadership very evident when Krachunov came on. Only problem is Shaughnessy doesn't have those qualities either and they are probably needed when a guy that doesn't speak much English is introduced to the defence.

It's not that I don't think Ando isnt capable, he is for a team like us, but he does seem to be blameless from a large proportion of our fans who seem to think he's world class.Did the new guy seem more imposing to you?

Great win last night, thot Pogba did fine, agree that his first touch can be ropey and isn't really a goal threat bit his link up and ball holding skills are very beneficial.

Elliot was superb last night and really makes the defences job a lot easier. Nesbitt was decent, can spot a pass and had good turn of speed.

Valuable win.

With regards to St Johnstone. . 2 things I saw.. 1. They lacked speed( very susseptible to counter and quick attack) 2. Lacked creativity. Despite the fact they shipped 2 goals they did look fairly organised and solid in defence. They will be ok

Yeah I've watched the goals back and the defence for St Johnstone was pretty poor. That 66 doesn't look too clever and Anderson loses out to Doolan after letting the ball bounce when he isn't even goalside. Tbf for the 2nd, Amoo is pretty much tailor made for that type of situation, using his pace against a tiring side, the rest of the St Johnstone team was up the pitch so there was zero protection in front of the defence.

I like the behind the goal angle on the second, Wotherspoon and Lappin going into full baywatch running mode and disappearing further behind Amoo as the run progresses. He is fast as f**k though, wish he'd use his pace more often.

TRS generally saves me posting as I pretty much always agree with him but would say I thought it was a fairly decent game that could have gone either way until the opener. We didn't do anything to merit getting back into the game in those final 15 minutes but you could see there were tired legs out there and I find it hard to be too critical of the team on that front.

Thistle of course had the advantage of making two tactical changes, whereas Saints once again were forced into replacing injured players. The game was finely balanced so it's hard to see how replacing a pivotal midfielder with a full back, shifting a centre back to right back and throwing a boy on for his debut is going to work in our favour. We could still have lost the game if Millar hadn't pulled up but it's not a leap to say our chances of not doing would have been greatly improved if we hadn't had to replace him once again. I thought we'd started the game the stronger team as well before Davidson went off. Once again.

Lot of thinking for Tommy Wright to do in that front.

Amazed to see that two St. Johnston players were injured playing on grass !!!! According to Tommy Wrong this only happens on plastic pitches.

Archived