Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

disagree, rangers dont have a single player we rely on like celtic do. Could maybe argue waghorn but we overcame his injury. Shiels will hopefully start, Law and Zelalem would get bullied off the park, and Clark is pish. Waghorn sounded hopeful that he will feature on SSN earlier. I think we'll see a 60th minute sub appearance from him

I didn't say rely on, I said important. Since becoming match fit imo offensively he is our most important player especially coinciding with Waghorn's injury. Yes I think Waghorn may be on the bench especially now. From recent team selections it appears Warburton does not rate Law and Clark. I agree.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook is a cringe zone the now for me anyway.

Only supporters of these 2 would celebrate and gloat securing tickets to watch it...........at their local pub!

Also, using the phrase 'cringe zone' to describe FB doesn't really fill me with much confidence.

Burley has it spot on. No one outside Scotland or Ireland cares about this match. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

It's quite refreshing to see a former OF player bucking the trend and not fingering their arse over the upcoming game.

He's still a fucking dickhead of course.

I agree with a lot of what Burley has said in that article. Neither side is of good quality and the last game was a damp squib. He is overly negative though and is probably talking shite when he says he knew nothing of Scottish football when he moved back.

Regards Celtic v Rangers, my experience here is that it is viewed in the same way as the Belgrade derby, or Boca v River Plate. It's a massive rivalry that has a reputation for creating a great atmosphere, and is a game that foreign football fans know of and would go to given a chance and watch if it was on TV while flicking through the channels, but very few would actively seek it out and even fewer could name any of the folk involved.

It's hilarious listening to Clyde 1 doing their ticket giveaway for the game for both sets of fans.

You hear a clip of a goal scored in a old firm game and you have to guess the scorer.

The Rangers goal there had Trevor Stevens setting the goal up and two Rangers fans guessed Albertz and Lovenkrands. Now I'm no expert but even I know Trevor Stevens was early to mid 90s? The answer was Terry Hurlock lol. Dafties.

Edited to add the guy that won it remembered that game specifically because he was lifted at it :D.

It's hilarious listening to Clyde 1 doing their ticket giveaway for the game for both sets of fans.

You hear a clip of a goal scored in a old firm game and you have to guess the scorer.

The Rangers goal there had Trevor Stevens setting the goal up and two Rangers fans guessed Albertz and Lovenkrands. Now I'm no expert but even I know Trevor Stevens was early to mid 90s? The answer was Terry Hurlock lol. Dafties.

^^Big team exposed.

Burley has it spot on.  No one outside Scotland or Ireland cares about this match.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

George Burley's lifetime achievement was getting mentioned, in passing, on the Misspelt Footballers' thread:

post-44711-0-56318800-1460573786_thumb.j

40 years in football and this is your greatest accolade.

I was about 18, pished and when a polis wummin asked if id been drinking I called her a cow

Nothing exciting, just me being a fanny*

*Insert no change there joke here

You certainly don't like a woman in charge eh?

You're older than 38 are you not?

^^Big team exposed.

Ooft my dads side of the family tried and failed to covert me.

Every time I went to my uncles house he'd whip out the latest championship VHS, growing up during the 9 in a row era was interesting. During primary school there would hardly be any Celtic fans kicking about but by the end of high school they had all came out the woodwork.

Archived