Mark Warburton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/03/2016 at 22:51, Solitaire said:

Best manager in Scotland without question....

Great man-manager.

Great Squad builder.

Great-tactician.

Great player-spotter.

Great style of play.

Great belief in youth.

Great dealing with the press.

4124570.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

:thumsup2

Hahahaha :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bit off topic, but small Warburton story. There is a boy in 6th year at my step-daughter's school who is terminally ill with now only days to live. Yesterday Mark Warburton went to visit him in hospital as the guy is a Rangers fan. Doesn't make him a good manager, but he rose dramatically for me in the "decent guy" rankings. I almost feel guilty about wanting him to lose every game now...

11 hours ago, Beano 3d said:

Bit off topic, but small Warburton story. There is a boy in 6th year at my step-daughter's school who is terminally ill with now only days to live. Yesterday Mark Warburton went to visit him in hospital as the guy is a Rangers fan. Doesn't make him a good manager, but he rose dramatically for me in the "decent guy" rankings. I almost feel guilty about wanting him to lose every game now...

I don't think the "decent guy" thing has ever been in serious doubt to be honest, but yes, it's an impressive story.

Bloody sad though.

50 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think the "decent guy" thing has ever been in serious doubt to be honest, but yes, it's an impressive story.

Bloody sad though.

Sorry, whats impressive about it?

Every player or manager at every club across the country will perform a similar "duty". What he has done hasnt made him unique. Its just made him the same as everyone else.

1 minute ago, dave.j said:

Sorry, whats impressive about it?

Every player or manager at every club across the country will perform a similar "duty". What he has done hasnt made him unique. Its just made him the same as everyone else.

Unduly harsh.

A really difficult task to perform, but done out of decency and care.  Dismissing it is pretty churlish.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Unduly harsh.

A really difficult task to perform, but done out of decency and care.  Dismissing it is pretty churlish.

I dont think its harsh to point out, that the duty he performed on behalf of the club, which yes would have been difficult, is exactly the same type of duty that will be performed by practically every footballer/manager at some point this season.

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

I dont think its harsh to point out, that the duty he performed on behalf of the club, which yes would have been difficult, is exactly the same type of duty that will be performed by practically every footballer/manager at some point this season.

I'd be amazed if that's close to being true.

7 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Type of duty - hospital/sick children visits.

You need to stop taking this so literally.

His visit wasn't just a routine hospital one, which is what made it impressive. Yet you said it was "exactly the same".

I really don't see why you'd wish to argue about this to be honest.

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

His visit wasn't just a routine hospital one, which is what made it impressive. Yet you said it was "exactly the same".

I really don't see why you'd wish to argue about this to be honest.

Can you not see the screen from your high horse? Im not sure why you would cut short the quote you used. 

Ive made it perfectly clear what i meant. You seem to want to make something of it. 

Ive also used the phrase "similar duty". You seem reluctant to include that as it doesnt suit your agenda.

It must be hard work spending all day trying to find stuff to be offended at, MT.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Can you not see the screen from your high horse? Im not sure why you would cut short the quote you used. 

Ive made it perfectly clear what i meant. You seem to want to make something of it. 

Ive also used the phrase "similar duty". You seem reluctant to include that as it doesnt suit your agenda.

It must be hard work spending all day trying to find stuff to be offended at, MT.

What are you going on about offence or agendas for?  I've not been offended by anything.  I think you're being quite the dick here, but that doesn't equate to being offended or speaking from a high horse.

I voiced the view that visiting a dying teenager would be a difficult thing to do and that there's something impressive in his preparedness to perform this duty.

You wished to take issue with this.

Kinda extraordinary.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What are you going on about offence or agendas for?  I've not been offended by anything.  I think you're being quite the dick here, but that doesn't equate to being offended or speaking from a high horse.

I voiced the view that visiting a dying teenager would be a difficult thing to do and that there's something impressive in his preparedness to perform this duty.

You wished to take issue with this.

Kinda extraordinary.

I apologise for sharing an opinion that differs to yours.

You can stop replying to me, now.

Archived