Accies vs Thistle, 19th March

Starting to get to the squeaky bum time of the season, a win here would go a long way to putting relegation fears behind us and would keep alive our top 6 hopes. A defeat could leave us in 10th with a fairly huge game vs Killie after that.

NDP seems to be a ground where a lot of fans think we've got a terrible record, but we're unbeaten in the last 4 visits there, 3 in a row being draws.

Last game of the manic run we've had since the middle of February and a 2 week break after that, hopefully Dumbuya will be back by that point.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win yesterday. However, we seem to follow up good results with terrible performances so hopefully this game will see an end to that.

I've been calling for Crawford to be dropped for a while, although I'm sure our Twitter said he was injured/unwell. Even if he's fit for this one, I'm not sure I'd have him back in the side. Our best player on his day, but he's been uninterested for months now. Canning's long ball tactics where we bypass the midfield don't exactly play to his strengths either.

Would like to see us be a bit more adventurous at home and take the game to Thistle. Our set up and general play against Motherwell was very negative.

If starting, Morris needs to show some consistency, Very streaky player. Much like the team overall, he's capable of having good/great games, then terrible ones where he doesn't look interested in the slightest.

Imrie is due a goal, so I'll say a hat trick for Douglas in a 5-1 win.

Hope we get to see the portrait on the recycled trampoline, the one that looks like Derek Young. Will be upset if it isn't there.

Hamilton away is usually a decent day. 5 mins down the road, decent pubs near the ground and a cracking stand to watch the game from.

I've not seen us win there since we scored in the last minute when Dick Campbell was our manager right enough.

Morris and Kurakins suspended so be interesting to see Accies line up. With a bit of pressure off a long overdue home win could even see Accies challenge Dundee for top six on the final day before the split.

I genuinely have no idea as to who we'll play at LB :huh: Brophy will come in for Morris and I think Crawford will be back for Docherty as well. If he's to come back next week, I'd prefer to see him come in for Kurtaj, though, as he's been off the boil for too long. Need to be a bit more forward thinking but I'd take another scrappy 1-0.

nothing confirmed by the club but I read rumours on twitter he's out for around 8 weeks (supposedly Bannigan was telling fans at the Aberdeen game this), so if true he'll be back before the end of the season, but not by much.

nothing confirmed by the club but I read rumours on twitter he's out for around 8 weeks (supposedly Bannigan was telling fans at the Aberdeen game this), so if true he'll be back before the end of the season, but not by much.

Yeah, he certainly didn't look too good when I saw him.  His injury at least, still had that sexy backwards farmhand look about him :wub:

Archived