Accies vs Thistle, 19th March

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a really, really bad game of football but at least we won. Pogba was great, Edwards played well, Millar was solid. Other than that everyone was a bit meh, except Amoo who wasn't very good, and Welsh who was pish but at least had the excuse of being out of position. Dumbuya coming back, even from the bench, was brilliant, hopefully he'll be back to full fitness by the killie game.

Any news on Lindsay?

Probably my favourite away day of the season so far. Plenty of drink to and from the match on the train and a few in the pub pre-match watching the Killie/Celtic and Arsenal/Everton games (one of the few times I was glad to see Celtic score).

First half was honking in terms of result and actual performance, Sean Welsh at full back was soul destroying, but we didn't have much options due to injuries. 2nd half we stepped it up a bit but there's always a lot of hoofball on that turf. 2 similar goals for us, buzzing for Edwards scoring his first goal.

What summed it all up was when Lucas tried to pass the ball to Ziggy (who was around 5 yards away from him) with our last chance of the game and he kicked it straight out. For what it's worth, I do actually think we'll stay up but the majority of the games have been a complete and utter eye-sore and it's not been fun to watch.

Piss poor as per. Every win we get us heralded as us turning a corner but we really know it's just papering over the cracks.

Martin Canning is genuinely, the worst manager I have ever witnessed. He can't organise a team, he has zero motivational skills and the players clearly have no respect for him. His substitutions again were utter shite and I doubt I'd be bothered if I never saw Crawford in an Accies jersey again.

I would say the main concern is the lack of goals in the team. We have had a few high scoring games but for the majority, we only seem to score one. We can't depend I our defence not to conceed every week so we need more than one goal.

Oh well, we're punching above our weight etc... so I guess we should just applaud Canning and his half arsed team.

Terrible game, thought we played better in the second half, but as someone says above, that may have been down the Accies changing their set up which helped us. Thought Pogba did well, as did Lawless when he was able to make himself space, Amoo did better in the second half. Thought Booth was quieter than usual, in fact the whole left side was quieter, maybe something to do with Banzo being missing. Booth was one of the better players in the first half defensively.

Edwards has looked bright since getting a start in a couple of games and I thought he deserved his goal for his work-rate.

Accies looked less threatening than they have done at home, though they created more than we did, especially first half. I lost count of the number of passed that went straight out of play, and the one at the end summed up their afternoon I think. It made Imrie lose his shit at the big guy who belted it out at the final whistle.

Both teams should be safe enough now.

Archived