Accies vs Thistle, 19th March

Never heard it myself but supposedly an Accies fan was on the phone in berating our manager and his negativity and Derek Johnstone pointed out that we are a mid table Championship team who are indeed punching above their weight. Has the fat f**k not seen the English Premiership or even the recent cup winners in our own country. Teams should always aspire to grow outwith their usual standing. With the right management in and off the park we could establish ourselves as a Premier team but at this rate we'll start sliding down the leagues again rapidly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard it myself but supposedly an Accies fan was on the phone in berating our manager and his negativity and Derek Johnstone pointed out that we are a mid table Championship team who are indeed punching above their weight. Has the fat f**k not seen the English Premiership or even the recent cup winners in our own country. Teams should always aspire to grow outwith their usual standing. With the right management in and off the park we could establish ourselves as a Premier team but at this rate we'll start sliding down the leagues again rapidly.

He was commentating on the Celtic game earlier and he called Killie, Kilmarnock Thistle.

He's clueless.

Don't think we were anywhere near our best today, and would have taken a draw at half time. Quite a few games we've managed to nick tight games this year, which is changed days from much of the previous two seasons.

A lot of positives despite the average performance. Fells like Pogba has been much improved the last few weeks and would happily keep him another year if he keeps this up. Looks fitter and did well against their centre backs, with limited supply line. His goal was nicely taken and beautifully crafted by Lawless. Lawless can go through spells where he offers very little but you can see why Archie keeps him on. A genuine match winner these days.

Thought defensively we did well bar a chaotic first ten minutes. Dumbuya made such a difference. Boy is a class act. Thought Miller had another good game and would be delighted if he signed on for another year.

In midfield I thought we were pretty average, but much better when Welsh was moved in there. The run Edwards made for the goal was something we rarely see from any of our midfielders so hopefully he can push on in that spot. The Doolan cross was an absolute beauty as well.

Thought Accies weren't terrible. We generally don't match up well against them at New Douglas but they lost their way second half. Probably lack a bit of quality having Gillespie and McKinnon in the same side, and I think they'd struggle in the play off finals if Killie overtake them.

For us, hopefully we get officially safe as soon as. If we're top six, even better. Would happily keep on most of the squad for another year.

Pogba's only other goal was against Accies at Firhill I think. My pal's (slightly) racist old man who sometimes sits with us at games has even started praising him quite heavily in recent matches, citing some really nice touches. High praise indeed.

Having to use the radio app on my phone to keep abreast of the scores at work is about an inch away from a living hell, thanks to Keevins nasally voice and almost childlike grasp of football, DJ (f**k off with your shite patter, it wasn't funny the first fucking time you made a shite joke, it isn't funny the 1000th time in the space of an hour, it will never be funny you fat fucking sack of shit) and the absolute spanners that call in post show that, tbf, I found myself listening to in awe after the games, particularly at the Celtic supporting taxi driver with the most typically Celtic fan voice you can imagine moaning at apparent bias from DJ (fat fucking sack of shit) never mentioning Celtic chances, despite me clearly remembering him mentioning at least two headers for Sviatchenko and shots from Griffiths, Biton and others. edit: would that I could use my internet for the Thistle audio commentary, but I can't find a way to use it that doesn't burn through my phones battery...

To summarise, I really like Matty "Drogba?" Pogba, and Derek Johnstone is a fat fucking sack of shit.

Well done to Partick , deserved win , today sums it up , an opposition manager who knows what he is doing compared to our kiddy-on manager who is only in charge as he does what he is told by Ronnie & Les and results do not matter to him as he will not be sacked . A miss-match in the dug outs , we have the core of a team who could compete at this level but will not do so as we have a management team who are not up to it .

Really thought we were beginning to turn a corner, we alright in the first half, well compared to recent performances and if Kurtaj had pulled the trigger earlier, we could have been two up.

But then after half time we revert back to the sitting in and invite pressure tactics and our attacking threat goes out the window.

It's a real shame because I feel we have a good group of players there, and some of the youth lads look like they can really play, but our hoofball tactics just completely ruin it for them.

The better players today were the younger ones, Brophy and Docherty both looked hungry and looked good going forward.

I'm beginning to get sick of Crawford, what has happened to him? he offered nothing when he came on, when a someone like him comes on you should expect the team to get lifted and a sort of second wimd, but no if anything it seemed to end the teams effort and they tried to play for the draw, in which they failed.

This going right to the wire, with the games against Killie and Utd after the split really vital now, as I can't see us getting anything from the last two games before the split.

The Crawford situation is a strange one. Our best player by far at the start of the season but I wouldn't have him starting anymore. Can't afford to carry passengers at this stage of the season, and that's exactly what Crawford is at this moment.

Starting to believe his own hype? Injured? Downed tools?

Exactly, I think he needs to sit out the rest of the season, and get his head straight. We are a better team without him atm.

Wrong.

1-0 in 04/05 (Juan Ramon Escalas)

2-1 Graham Gibson last minute winner (07?)

2-0 League winning season

Today

Thanks HJ. It was a only a question, I didn't appreciate the tone of your cheeky, yet informative reply...

Did any of the Accies fans on here get a comp? Do many pay at the gate? I gave today a miss as I feel I've spent enough already this season, our home form is abysmal, and the place is swamped with non-fans who don't pay a penny. Looking at the attendance I'm guessing there were around 700 freebies in the home end.

Archived