New Indiana Jones film

NorthernLights

David Koepp, who wrote Crystal Skull, has been confirmed as the writer for the new film.

Whilst he did write that piece of shit, it was from a story devised by George Lucas, who thankfully up until this point, has been wholly absent from despatches regarding this one.

Seems like Disney are generally dingying Lucas since buying the keys to the kingdom. Decent strategy TBH.

Didn't Frank Darabont walk away from writing duties on Crystal Skull after Lucas vetoed all of his scripts? How bad could they possibly have been?   :wacko:

I'm guessing he'll be in a bathchair while Shia LeBeouf does the adventuring and phones his dad between big CG sequences.

No, wait, Lucas isn't involved. f**k knows, then. Fully CG Indy?   :huh:

Ford was far too old in the last indiana jones film, it's ridiculous to have him doing another one.

I honestly thought that one of the few things that was right about that film was Ford as Indy. And The Force Awakens showed that he's still up for it in the right role after phoning in most of his jobs for the last decade or so.

I'm guessing he'll be in a bathchair while Shia LeBeouf does the adventuring and phones his dad between big CG sequences.

No, wait, Lucas isn't involved. f**k knows, then. Fully CG Indy? :huh:

I think LaBeouf shat on the Indy doorstep when he rubbished the last film, saying it was shit and that everyone involved (including himself) really dropped the ball. I recall reading Ford and Spielberg both decrying him for comments. No love lost there, from what I gather. They might recast the son role or write him out.

Surely the most sensible way forward would be to have Ford frame the narrative, and tell the main story in flashbacks akin to the Last Crusade opening flashback. Otherwise it's going to have to be set in the late sixties/early seventies and feature a 70-plus Indy. The only way that will work if they pull right back on the action and make it a more mystery-solving thriller rather than a rope-swinging action adventure. And that's not really an Indiana Jones movie.

I can understand why they brought back Indiana Jones (money; the fact that everyone involved seemed to really enjoy making them) but there was nowhere left to go after the Last Crusade. In some ways, it might just have been the best ending to a movie I've ever seen - the search for the Holy Grail (the Holy Grail!) was complete; father and son reconciled; and a final, wonderful image of the quartet riding off into the sunset - and there's nothing that can better it.

Certainly not the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It wasn't the worst film I've ever seen and it didn't detract from the original trilogy but when you've reached the top of the mountain, where can you go next?

Indiana Jones 5 the legend of the galaxy far far away. In which indy is warped to a far away galaxy and back in time to fly a ship in the midst of a rebellion against the first order.

He's picked due to his uncanny resemblance to a fallen hero...

Or the Shia la boeuf official hand off...

This. Absolutely shite. And surviving a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge? Ridiculous. Don't care what anyone says, it is a shit film.

Yup and the ark melting Nazi's faces is totally in the realms of reality.

Can people stop bringing up Mutt Williams? Thx.

If he needs a younger sidekick/carer, bring back Short Round. As an adult, they can do whatever they want with the character, so the argument about him being annoying isn't valid. The b*****d son is tainted by original sin, even if recast.

• 5 years later...