Elect a New Moderator

I seem to remember some hypocrisy from Mr X on this subject. He closed a Hibs thread down saying it wasn't worthy of it's own thread but at the same time allowed some mind numbingly unimportant Queens thread to go unchallenged and remain open. I think he stated that the Queens thread was already "inactive" so closing it was pointless, which is a likely story coming from a raging hypocrite.

Given that you've put forward such a good case for yourself above, Dunning, I'd like to add my vote to the Dunning to replace Mr X pile.

Aye, someone started a thread on Lewis Stevenson and he locked it. He said if we wanted to discuss Mr Stevenson we were to do it in the big Hibs thread or in a Hibs forum. Loads of other threads were now popping up about him without mentioning his name and I think SSI ended up with a ban for spamming.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite giving me a warning for calling another poster a BEAST, I don't mind Mr X. He is, as said before, very helpful on the tech forum. Just don't challenge him on Yankie Throwball, he doesn't like that.

As much as I believe I'd breathe life into this forum, such as the reintroduction of the sin bin, compulsory sub crawls at least once a year and the permanent termination of all those who choose to pun, I'd feel obliged to become less of a dick to people.

Therefore I'd just like to see the world burn and nominate Grim O'Grady as mod.

Punbelievable stuff there....

SaltyTON's tenure as a Mod was amazing. He banned me for calling him a c**t or something similar, and dishes out a few warnings for fairly trivial things.

I think he only did last a day or so before Div realised the errors of his ways.

I'll nominate Jackson's Guarantee.

:D

Christ, that's creepy. I was just about to suggest one or more of NDD's aliases.

That said I like Mr X a very decent guy and I can't understand the criticism of him. Maybe if folk on here didn't act like fannies they wouldn't need to worry about the mods.

Lectures about posters having 'issues'; challenges posters to physical fights despite being a pish-stained relic.

Yup, classic Tom McB behaviour.

Even if all that were true your issues are greater than mine. They may disappear with your cherry; we can only hope.

To be a mod you need to abide by some of  the following requisites

1. Have a beige posting style

2. Be from Falkirk area

3. Have a rubbish gimmick (GTF until GTF, banhammer, Dry Yer Eyes.Jpg)

4. Get on with the hoardes of pun users, old people, functioning alcoholic and mentalists that take up GN

5. Verging into heads gone territory whenever faced with criticism

6. Seemingly knows Magee personally and only bans him after he's been back for a period of time

For those reasons, I'd like to nominate 8mileBU to be our next mod. Of course you may wonder why the Faeces Flinging Homeless Abusing closet Sevconian but allow me to justify my selection by going into the criteria

1. Have you ever actually liked an 8mile post when he isn't trying to one up someone, outside of him talking about 'Aidsy Spunk', His patter is firmly in the 'Yer Da' category at the best of times.  1/1

2. 8Mile is apparently from Bo'ness, the town with an unnecessary apostrophe and calls a Gala Day a 'fair' and is confirmed to be near Falkirk. Maths checks out 2/2.

3. 14Mile has recently discovered GIFs and smileys and uses them when inappropriate,also fancies children and he throws poo. Enough of a gimmick IMO 3/3.

4. 8 Mile is all of those characters and more. 4/4

5. I don't really need to explain myself here. 5/5

6. Trick Question, He is Magee. 6/6

As you see by the established factors here  8Mile is the obvious choice to continue the legacy left by the current generation of Mods and won't rest until P&B is solely single club threads littered with puns and gifs used in incorrect contexts. He is the mod that Pie and Bovril deserves but not the one we need right now.

Archived