Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Halliwell not play in both European games?

He certainly played in the 'home' leg at Airdrie.

ETA: beaten to it, I see.

No, Cammy Bell played in Denmark. Halliwell was on the bench.

So we didn't deserve to score yesterday? If we obviously fouled you at both goals, and the goal back in December as well..? :lol: :lol:

Are you still drunk? Nobody, but nobody, has suggested any foul on the second goal yesterday. We've queried given that there is a coming together of Benedictus and Higgins well before the ball arrives which results in Higgins being knocked backwards onto his backside whether there may have been a foul in there. As your footage doesn't capture it though we can't be sure. Hopefully ours does capture it when it's published. It won't change anything though. The potential foul by Benedictus on Thomson was debated to death back then and wouldn't have been mentioned if Scottdog hadn't bizarrely brought it up out of nowhere.

No, Cammy Bell played in Denmark. Halliwell was on the bench.

Are you still drunk? Nobody, but nobody, has suggested any foul on the second goal yesterday. We've queried given that there is a coming together of Benedictus and Higgins well before the ball arrives which results in Higgins being knocked backwards onto his backside whether there may have been a foul in there. As your footage doesn't capture it though we can't be sure. Hopefully ours does capture it when it's published. It won't change anything though. The potential foul by Benedictus on Thomson was debated to death back then and wouldn't have been mentioned if Scottdog hadn't bizarrely brought it up out of nowhere.

Queens keepers seem to end up at Ibrox more recently, well Bell and Robinson anyway...

Raiths 8 wins and 3 draws in the last 12 games might have something to do with it

Of course this was a sarcastic post. "Might have had something to do with it" was entirely sarcastic because the reality is that of course that run of form definitely had a great deal to do with it.

Don't insult us both by suggesting otherwise. I know sarcasm when I see it. I'm a big fan of it.

Ive noticed Jason Thomson since he has returned has inspired his team to go on this run. He was sorely missed it seems during his spell on the treatment table. A few observations from yesterday. Oliver had the mother of all stinkers. Thomson needs to be more confident coming out for crosses. Hutton has taken his time to get to this level, but now many could argue he is our best player. Tapping impressed me yesterday. Busy wee player who at times uses the ball well and at times is a bit rash. We could really have done with Lyle in the 1st half with all those crosses put in. We'd be better served putting Jacobs at left back and Higgy at cb rather than accomodating Brownlie. Hilson puts in a hell of a shift and scored a great goal

Agree with your QoS team assessment. Why did we not start with Del yesterday? I too would have had Jacobs in for his defensive qualities and Higgins at CB - although he did OK ish in getting over the half way line as a wing back. Having said that, passing is not his forte though.

Tapping does look useful but Millar is fading into obscurity. Will be interesting to see how the contract talks develop in the coming weeks/ months. We certainly need a stronger midfield and, if rumours about Beanie and Del going part-time are true, we will be needing a striker or three for next season.

I said I thought it was a foul at the time of the goal and I reckon that could have been given as a foul. Whether the ref deemed it soft or just didn't see it we'll never know.

I think Thomson could have done better for the second and can only assume he never saw the ball until late due to the bodies in the way. Barr shouldn't have been given that much time to control and strike.

Hutton's pass for our goal was absolutely superb.

All teams resort to "dirty tricks" at set pieces. Rovers produced one in the first game at Palmerston when Robbie Thomson was impeded and they scored from a corner. Guys behind the goal yesterday said that Benedictus shoved Higgins into the net, giving the guy a free header.

You lose some, you lose some.

Good reason why Lyle most probably did not start yesterday and seemed out of sorts when he did appear.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dad-football-star-derek-lyle-7724839#WkFfSmhPJ9KS8QMz.97

Ah! Thanks for posting that and it probably answers my query as to why Del didn't start. Shocking stuff!

Of course this was a sarcastic post. "Might have had something to do with it" was entirely sarcastic because the reality is that of course that run of form definitely had a great deal to do with it.Don't insult us both by suggesting otherwise. I know sarcasm when I see it. I'm a big fan of it.

Nope.

You didn't make any reference to the run in your post, or offer any other reason for the gap, so I did.

I knew they were on a good run but didn't realise it was that good until after yesterday's game. There was nothing in your post to suggest you knew either.

Agree with your QoS team assessment. Why did we not start with Del yesterday? I too would have had Jacobs in for his defensive qualities and Higgins at CB - although he did OK ish in getting over the half way line as a wing back. Having said that, passing is not his forte though.

Tapping does look useful but Millar is fading into obscurity. Will be interesting to see how the contract talks develop in the coming weeks/ months. We certainly need a stronger midfield and, if rumours about Beanie and Del going part-time are true, we will be needing a striker or three for next season.

I know Russell was perhaps going part time but I haven't heard this about Lyle.

All teams resort to "dirty tricks" at set pieces. Rovers produced one in the first game at Palmerston when Robbie Thomson was impeded and they scored from a corner. Guys behind the goal yesterday said that Benedictus shoved Higgins into the net, giving the guy a free header.

:lol:

Nope.

You didn't make any reference to the run in your post, or offer any other reason for the gap, so I did.

I knew they were on a good run but didn't realise it was that good until after yesterday's game. There was nothing in your post to suggest you knew either.

Nope also.

In slightly earlier posts I'd referred to Raith's winning habit and momentum.

The terrific run they're on would be pretty common knowledge among most Queens fans I'd have thought.

Not a big deal though.

I would suggest a very strongly worded letter tae the Dumfries coonsill    that kind o' fitba' is clearly a disgriss!! :angry: 

Archived