Hampden Park has it had its Day ?

Would rugby geeks have an issue with SRU and SFA sharing Murrayfield, like English rugby nerds have with Twickenham?

I'd love it if Scotland played football at Murrayfield.

Odd report on Reporting Scotland

Last ever big game? What's happening between now and 2020? Or the European championship games?

Surely of the lease is not renewed the stadium won't fall down overnight. Hire it on an as needed basis as we do with Ibrox and Celtic Park and pay the going rate. Celtic made more than the two cup finalists in 2014 from hosting the game.

You can spot where this is going a mile off. Scotland will be playing their home games at Celtic Park very soon

And Ibrox, can't help one without the other.

I'm sure the ~£5m both teams would earn whenever they hosted Internationals would be in the best interests of everyone up here.

Or maybe, along with "Project Brave" and Colt teams, it's just the entire country being forced into helping these two teams as the rest of us are seemingly pointless.

Would rugby geeks have an issue with SRU and SFA sharing Murrayfield, like English rugby nerds have with Twickenham?

I think it was the SFA the turned down the option of sharing 1 national stadium.

Murrayfield would be ideal but the thought of the SFA moving their HQ through to Edinburgh is most likely out of the question. Logistics, surrounding areas, travel and the facilities are ideal in Edinburgh. Just a shame the 'west coast bias' will never have the national stadium in the East.

I think it was the SFA the turned down the option of sharing 1 national stadium.

Murrayfield would be ideal but the thought of the SFA moving their HQ through to Edinburgh is most likely out of the question. Logistics, surrounding areas, travel and the facilities are ideal in Edinburgh. Just a shame the 'west coast bias' will never have the national stadium in the East.

Spot on.

Always the same in Scotland everybody has their own agenda and can never agree on anything. Stadium sharing would benefit so many teams but will never happen sadly.

Having been to a few fitba games at Murrayfield it would be a good venue for Scotland games, but it’s not perfect.

Facilities in the older East stand are fairly poor, and the concourse is open to the elements. There’s also plenty room behind both goals, maybe not quite as much as Hampden but it would be a poor view low down behind the goals. There is also the daft running track in front of the West Stand which means the pitch is probably further away than South stand/pitch at Hampden.  Method of entry would also be an issue I suspect, with the turnstiles not at the stands themselves like football stadia, but effectively allowing you entry to the “grounds”.

That said, it’s better than Parkhead and overall it offers much better views than Hampden and it does hold in the atmosphere so with even 30,000 in there you can create a racket. The deficiencies could be addressed to make it an exceptionally good stadium for football.  It’ll probably never happen though such is the parochialism.

Edited by Burnie_man

I honestly don't even think it's that bad. In fact on a sunny summers day full I think it's glorious. Keep it.

For it to be full we need a sensible pricing structure, which is never happening.

The customer experience at Murrayfield shits all over hampden. The money making opportunities are much better too as you can have ten's of thousands eating and drinking within the grounds before kick off (although no doubt that would be knocked on head if football)

Only downside I can think is probably behind scenes stuff. I'm sure on tour they said you needed that tunnel under the stand to meet UEFA regulations or something. Why I don't know. Murrayfield also doesn't have same office space but has much superior conference and hospitality facilities.

Also SRU are utterly skint. I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't consider the SFA taking a share in the stadium.

I hope they're considering Murrayfield over either OF Ground anyways.

If they decide to renovate hampden again, making it more modern and playing out of Murrayfield for a while would be ideal.

17 hours ago, ftk said:

They defo won't use Murrayfield games would go to football stadiums

Why not? They have to stay in Glasgow?

Doesn't the Welsh rugby and football share national stadium?

Edited by thekorean

29 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Wales shifted to the Cardiff City stadium ca. 7 years ago. Having relatively small crowds in a stadium the size of the Millenium made no sense. The last game they played there was a Euro 2012 qualifier against England in March 2011.

I think they should use Murrayfield but the sfa won't even consider it. Like to keep football money in football.