Those were the days............

Dindeleux

I remember the first proper 3D FIFA (97?), where you could stand in front of the opposition keeper when he was kicking/throwing the ball out, and about 25% of the time he'd hit your player and leave him through on an empty goal   :P

It was a strong man who could avoid using this knowledge when losing an important game with time ticking away...

Everyone knew the one guy who said he had beaten this

GhostsnGoblins_1.png

Nae c**t finished that game.

I was watching a speed run of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES last night. A guy finished it in 23 minutes and took only two points of damage. Utterly mental given how rock solid that game is.

Operation Wolf was my favourite game , especially the one in the Big Apple arcade in the West End of Paisley , as it had a loose Uzi as apposed to the fixed position one , made it easier to aim.

Tehkan World Cup with the rollerball was great too , a top down view , fast , fun and probably to blame for the arthritis in my hands ( among other things ).

post-15233-0-45423300-1463255076_thumb.j

post-15233-0-77771800-1463255216_thumb.j

I can remember using almost all the cheats throughout GTA Vice City. As there were a few funny ones. I mainly used guns and wanted level cheats though. But I remember doing a cheat to get the Hunter helicopter (big army chopper). It was a belter of a vehicle. But I found all the packages in that game as I knew you got a cracking reward but didn't know what. I can remember it took me days and I was keeping schoolmates informed. When I found the 100th parcel the prize was a Hunter. Gutted :( Serves me right though.

I think the most pointless cheat ever was in LMA Manager "Ivor Invincible". You would never lose a game. I had a pal who was fond of this cheat. I found it so boring and couldn't understand why he did it.

Operation Wolf was my favourite game , especially the one in the Big Apple arcade in the West End of Paisley , as it had a loose Uzi as apposed to the fixed position one , made it easier to aim.

Tehkan World Cup with the rollerball was great too , a top down view , fast , fun and probably to blame for the arthritis in my hands ( among other things ).

Loved Operation Wolf. Even the ports to the computers were pretty decent.

My fave arcade football game was Kick and Run, with the pedal for kicking

I always liked Tecmo World Cup 90. Euro Champ 92 was fun too, with all the over-the-top (for the time) camera zooms and goal celebrations.

There was a good run of rail shooters in the late Eighties/early Nineties - Oppo Thunderbolt, Line of Fire, Beast Busters, Space Gun, etc. You can't really replicate the experience with emulators like MAME, unfortunately. Anyone see a copy of this beast in the wild?   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember using almost all the cheats throughout GTA Vice City. As there were a few funny ones. I mainly used guns and wanted level cheats though. But I remember doing a cheat to get the Hunter helicopter (big army chopper). It was a belter of a vehicle. But I found all the packages in that game as I knew you got a cracking reward but didn't know what. I can remember it took me days and I was keeping schoolmates informed. When I found the 100th parcel the prize was a Hunter. Gutted :( Serves me right though.

I remember struggling to get lance vance out the junkyard, so spawned a tank for the getaway and it landed on him. Mission failed ha

I remember around the time of FF7, the grind was baw bursting at times, one of our mates that played it said he was stuck at Cosmo Canyon and couldnt get past it, now it wasnt the most easiest part but it wasnt that difficult tbh

eventually he brought his memory card up to another boys house and we loaded up his game to check it out, his characters were barely levelled at all, he'd fucking fluked his way to cosmo canyon somehow with weak arsed characters, i nearly pished myself laughing at his reaction when we told him he'd need to start again or simply spend hours upon hours grinding like f**k, raising his materia level as well as his characters

he never played it again :lol:

that fucking rollerball game, many times i caught my skin on the edge of it, fucking agony

I remember around the time of FF7, the grind was baw bursting at times, one of our mates that played it said he was stuck at Cosmo Canyon and couldnt get past it, now it wasnt the most easiest part but it wasnt that difficult tbh

eventually he brought his memory card up to another boys house and we loaded up his game to check it out, his characters were barely levelled at all, he'd fucking fluked his way to cosmo canyon somehow with weak arsed characters, i nearly pished myself laughing at his reaction when we told him he'd need to start again or simply spend hours upon hours grinding like f**k, raising his materia level as well as his characters

he never played it again :lol:

Knew someone who bought it and couldnt get past the first boss, The Guard Scorpion because he couldnt get his head around the game mechanics at all, f**k knows how he defeated all the goons prior to that tho.

First time i played FF7 it was when i borrowed the game from a mate in exchange for my coveted copy of Resident Evil 2 for a week. By the time i had to give it back id only just left Midgar :lol:

Knew someone who bought it and couldnt get past the first boss, The Guard Scorpion because he couldnt get his head around the game mechanics at all, f**k knows how he defeated all the goons prior to that tho.

First time i played FF7 it was when i borrowed the game from a mate in exchange for my coveted copy of Resident Evil 2 for a week. By the time i had to give it back id only just left Midgar :lol:

The dialogue error probably didn't help with that boss fight. "Attack whilst its tail's up. It's gonna counterattack with its laser." They presumably forgot to put the "don't" at the start!

Playstation 1 by far had the best games of any console.

f**k yer Black Ops 3. Dino Crisis is the daddy.

My fondest gaming memories come from the PS1 era, it could just be that i loved gaming more then than i do now or its just nostalgia. Still remember playing the Demo of Tomb Raider you got with the PS1 Magazine and thinking how amazing it looked cause it was in 3D

Mind there was one of the ones probably in the early 00's where you could have a belt from kick off and score with entirely too much regularity. Total b*****d when you Falkirk your mate in the 92nd then your keeper Hibses it straight after KO

Olympic Soccer, maybe? Loved that for the ps1. You could bend the ball into the top corner from the halfway line.

My fondest gaming memories come from the PS1 era, it could just be that i loved gaming more then than i do now or its just nostalgia. Still remember playing the Demo of Tomb Raider you got with the PS1 Magazine and thinking how amazing it looked cause it was in 3D

Same here, I think part of the reason was the ps1 was such a jump up compared to the 16 bit consoles. Plus it had so many decent games Destruction Derby, Wipeout, GTA, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc.

All of the above were new games too. Now all you get is another game in the same series with very few new ideas other than indie games.

post-28654-1464227249405_thumb.jpg

post-28654-14642272746995_thumb.jpg

I used to love the old magazines. I particularly remember the top one as super karts was amazing, hundreds of hours on a free demo disc. Was also the only real info easily available for games. Regularly had to save my money up for a game from an advert in the back then get my auld dear to send a cheque away. The following week or two waiting was would destroying