Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't lose the first leg then I'm sure our great home form will show in the 2nd. Same for the other ties should we get through.

We will be at home first after the Raith tie should we go through.

We've a horrid record in play off games. I really fear Hibs coming out all gun blazing and killing the tie on Wednesday, they're more than capable.

This is my concern.  Airdrie in 2008 springs to mind. 

Find it bizarre you would play for the draw with the players at your disposal. Surely killing off the tie and resting some of your key players for the next round would be the best bet? I think playing too cautiously against us could be risky, the longer the game is 0-0 and that...

Obviously I don't expect us to play for the draw, never said that.

And apart from the couple of changes Stubbs will probably make game to game, it would have to be some scoreline for us to "rest" players.

This is my concern.  Airdrie in 2008 springs to mind. 

Shudders. Fahey throwin' the ball in the net, twice, nightmare!!

. Still remember the guy had some good games for up until then!!

I think you'll need a 2 goal lead going to Easter road, Hibs will get a penalty that never was or one of your players sent off that never was in the easter road game.

Interesting to see Hibs team, will Conrad be between the sticks and have Stubbs and Cummins made up

:lol:

Salty as f**k.

Obviously I don't expect us to play for the draw, never said that.

And apart from the couple of changes Stubbs will probably make game to game, it would have to be some scoreline for us to "rest" players.

No, but you seem to be more concerned about loosing than bothered about winning.

A two goal lead would surely allow you to rest one or two key players.

No, but you seem to be more concerned about loosing than bothered about winning.

I think the Hamilton experience would probably mean that they'd want to get a few more than 2 before resting players.

League get half the gross gate money I think which is ridiculous. Wouldve been bad enough if it was after costs but Im sure its before. Its all to pay the parachute payment of the team your playing in the final too which again sticks in the throat a bit.

Obviously Hibs start as massive favourites for this, our head to head against them this season has been horrendous, the low point being Easter Road on 2nd January when we didn't lay a glove on them. Even the 2-1 win at Starks came with a massive Cummings shaped let off (Although we also played well 2nd half against Hibs on the first Starks visit) .

Nobody at Hibs is more concerned about losing to Raith Rovers rather than winning.

Obviously Hibs start as massive favourites for this, our head to head against them this season has been horrendous, the low point being Easter Road on 2nd January when we didn't lay a glove on them. Even the 2-1 win at Starks came with a massive Cummings shaped let off (Although we also played well 2nd half against Hibs on the first Starks visit) .

That January 2nd game still gives me shivers. I'd been out for three days by that point, the only thing that even got me remotely excited was when Paul Hanlon managed to turn Craig Wighton and run away up the touch line after chasing the ball back towards his own corner flag. My mate came along, spent £12 at the pie stall and then slept through the entire match. 

Got the potential to be a very interesting tie this.

Unfortunately with Hibs' home record, I reckon this leg is when Rovers will need to make their impact because Hibs infront of a big home crowd in the second leg could be very difficult to overcome.

I don't have any real preference as to who goes through really, but hopefully it's a decent contest and the best team over the 180 minutes goes through.

Archived