The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stu said:

Disappointed Raith are going to beat us to Skacel. We should have signed him just to stop him scoring against us,

Absolute stick-on to score against us. I was there for the 5-2 game when we were 2-1 up and Hearts had ten men. It was the most St Mirren like performance imaginable.

Skacel was absolutely incredible that day. The c**t.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Rae doesn't strike me as the four-up-front-with-Mallan-in-the-hole type of manager, but I'm prepared to see how this goes.

Indeed, but he's definitely looking to add two more forwards so I'd imagine a guy with a bit of pace and eye for goal like Hardie and a lad who proved himself capable under Rae like Shankland would both be very realistic. 

Could one of you boys settle a wee disagreement we're having over a few beers here please. My mate is saying Morton are currently a better team than St. Mirren, I'm saying that the buddies are no long out the top league and are surely better than fucking Greenock fucking Morton, who huvnae won anything I can remember. Who's right? What were the league placings last season?

I liked Walsh but his performances looked to me to be heavily dependant on his confidence levels. When he first played I thought he looked frightened at times and an away performance at Livi had me wondering how he'd stayed at Rangers so long. But he came good. He's started taking players on and grabbed himself a lovely goal during our end of season run in, his delivery is very good too, with Sutton and Clarkson up front for you this signing makes complete sense. He had to work hard defensively for us which just didn't suit his game. Give him the freedom to attack full backs and get balls in the box and I reckon he'll be a good signing, if a little inconsistent.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I liked Walsh but his performances looked to me to be heavily dependant on his confidence levels. When he first played I thought he looked frightened at times and an away performance at Livi had me wondering how he'd stayed at Rangers so long. But he came good. He's started taking players on and grabbed himself a lovely goal during our end of season run in, his delivery is very good too, with Sutton and Clarkson up front for you this signing makes complete sense. He had to work hard defensively for us which just didn't suit his game. Give him the freedom to attack full backs and get balls in the box and I reckon he'll be a good signing, if a little inconsistent

Is he a capable winger who can do a job on the left side?that seems like where Rae would most likely play him.

I liked Walsh but his performances looked to me to be heavily dependant on his confidence levels. When he first played I thought he looked frightened at times and an away performance at Livi had me wondering how he'd stayed at Rangers so long. But he came good. He's started taking players on and grabbed himself a lovely goal during our end of season run in, his delivery is very good too, with Sutton and Clarkson up front for you this signing makes complete sense. He had to work hard defensively for us which just didn't suit his game. Give him the freedom to attack full backs and get balls in the box and I reckon he'll be a good signing, if a little inconsistent.

Hard to disagree with most of this, summed up nicely.

The one thing I would tend to disagree with is the quality of his deliveries. I felt that, even when he improved, his deliveries still let him down a bit. They certainly got better towards the end of the season but I still thought the lad was capable of better, especially considering how ridiculously 2 footed he is.

He may take some time to settle but once he does he should be a fine signing for you.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:
24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I liked Walsh but his performances looked to me to be heavily dependant on his confidence levels. When he first played I thought he looked frightened at times and an away performance at Livi had me wondering how he'd stayed at Rangers so long. But he came good. He's started taking players on and grabbed himself a lovely goal during our end of season run in, his delivery is very good too, with Sutton and Clarkson up front for you this signing makes complete sense. He had to work hard defensively for us which just didn't suit his game. Give him the freedom to attack full backs and get balls in the box and I reckon he'll be a good signing, if a little inconsistent

Is he a capable winger who can do a job on the left side?that seems like where Rae would most likely play him.

Yeah, he can play either side, doesn't appear to have a weak foot.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hard to disagree with most of this, summed up nicely.

The one thing I would tend to disagree with is the quality of his deliveries. I felt that, even when he improved, his deliveries still let him down a bit. They certainly got better towards the end of the season but I still thought the lad was capable of better, especially considering how ridiculously 2 footed he is.

He may take some time to settle but once he does he should be a fine signing for you.

Perhaps it was the fact that we had no delivery prior to that which made me think that any type of delivery was good. I thought he did pretty well once he settled though.

No, not at all. Your fans however have been creaming themselves over the prospect of signing Hardie. Regardless of where he signs, it'll be hilarious when it's not yourselves :lol:

Your in the process of signing a 37 year old player that hasn't kicked a ball for months and was done about 3 year ago when he payed for Dundee United, that's hilarious.

Jobs for the boys with Locke.

Archived