The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Unfortunately I don't think we'd get anywhere near the number of folk signing up that St Mirren got if we tried it.
I was wondering this the other day. What happens if say all of these people that have signed up decide they can't be arsed/can't afford it/don't agree with decisions being made at the club, decide they want to pull out of paying the £12 a month or whatever it is? Are they tied in for a length of time or is there a plan in place to stop that?

Nothing to stop people pulling out. If the worst case scenario does come to pass, then Gordon Scott who is assuming the chairman's role for the next several years would simply put his shares up for sale and we'd be back at square one. 

That bring said, the target was 1,000 members and that figure was wholly conservative (about 1/3 more than minimum required) to accommodate potential number drops. As such, the conservative target was actually exceeded by 30% and will remain open for any new members to come on and contribute to the running.

There will of course be drop outs but it would take a monumental fall in interest to see almost half the sign ups drop out given that those 1300 will be mostly made up of the core support. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Will we increase this feel good factor by announcing another signing today ?

Can we turn the semis into hardies? 

22 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Unfortunately I don't think we'd get anywhere near the number of folk signing up that St Mirren got if we tried it.
I was wondering this the other day. What happens if say all of these people that have signed up decide they can't be arsed/can't afford it/don't agree with decisions being made at the club, decide they want to pull out of paying the £12 a month or whatever it is? Are they tied in for a length of time or is there a plan in place to stop that? I'd imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare if a number of folk pulled out.

Same with every support really but this seems to have galvanised the majority of fans into believing this is whats best for the club. We don't agree on a lot of things.

I suppose it depends on what the son of your chairman wants. Look at United, even though the Thompsons are huge United fans the son didn't want to see his inheritance pissed up against a wall. Will he look to continue the reign at Cappelow or look quick to sell the club on to anyone who'll pay money for it (you know who), will they take on the debt or will that be wiped. It's a serious amount of cash, nearly the same amount that was close to putting us under. You'd think the Morton fans could rally round again, even if its a smaller amount, to prevent another Hugh Scott character darkening your doors.

23 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Can we turn the semis into hardies? 

Same with every support really but this seems to have galvanised the majority of fans into believing this is whats best for the club. We don't agree on a lot of things.

I suppose it depends on what the son of your chairman wants. Look at United, even though the Thompsons are huge United fans the son didn't want to see his inheritance pissed up against a wall. Will he look to continue the reign at Cappelow or look quick to sell the club on to anyone who'll pay money for it (you know who), will they take on the debt or will that be wiped. It's a serious amount of cash, nearly the same amount that was close to putting us under. You'd think the Morton fans could rally round again, even if its a smaller amount, to prevent another Hugh Scott character darkening your doors.

It's looking increasingly likely that the Easdale's will be in charge at some point in the near future. Crawford Rae (owners son) apparently has no interest in owning the club himself. One of the Easdale's men is already on our board and I've heard from a credible source that it's a matter of "when" the Easdale's take over and not if. I'd imagine the Easdale's wouldn't take on any of the debt, after all it's been the Rae's mismanagement of the club that's put us in over £2 million "debt" to them. If they want out and the Easdales want in they'd be better off jumping now before their "debt" gets any worse.

The squad looks pretty good on paper now. It should be challenging for a higher playoff spot.

Definietly the most depth we've had for a while, which probably highlights how poorly mismanaged we've been in recent seasons.

Now the easy part of winning games.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Rae has made all the right signings and the squad looks good, let just hope now that a good squad on paper translates in to a good squad on the pitch.

Saturday was a shambles. I'm praying that was just an off day.

I'd agree with that. I think Rae has built a really good squad on paper, really hope he gets them going now.

I would think we can put Saturday down as an off day. Irvine who is normally so reliable had a shocker, Morgan and Mallan were extremely quiet, Clarkson and Sutton had very little to go on. The options up front look really promising now. Shankland and Hardie both showed last season what they are capable of in this division. Hardie scored an excellent hat-trick against us last season. A couple of punts up the park resulted in two of his goals lets hope opposition defences are just as open as ours was that day and Hardie could score a load.

Maybe we could see Shankland and Hardie starting up front this weekend given what Rae said post match on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Deary me. How many attacking players do you guys have!? That's another good signing. 

20 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Deary me. How many attacking players do you guys have!? That's another good signing. 

Walsh, Hardie and Shankland on loan, and our own Morgan, Gallagher, Sutton and Clarkson.

We've also got Kyle McAllister and Lewis McLear, who have both played for the 1st team.

Only really got Hutton, Quinn and Mallan, as midfielders with obvious defensive capabilities, and in Mallan's case I'm being generous.

Probably could do with another defensive midfielder, but if our manager is to be believed, Hardie has taken up our last space on the wage bill.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

The worry for me is that Rae has really good striking options, yet he's been playing hoof ball type football in the first 3 league cup games. I hope this style is not the shape of things to come.

I would like to think he's still experimenting with how he's going to set us up.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

The worry for me is that Rae has really good striking options, yet he's been playing hoof ball type football in the first 3 league cup games. I hope this style is not the shape of things to come.

I would like to think he's still experimenting with how he's going to set us up.

Would that style of play suit the type of players you have signed? I know Sutton is good in the air but mot sure about the rest.

Archived