The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could also cost him his job at Saints if he doesn't sort it out. Can Irvine play at CDM? Just curious, cos we have no options there at all.

He can, and has played there but I wouldn't be expecting to challenge for the play-offs if that's what you were having to resort to tbh.

Now just bend over and give us Mallan. That'd be swell, thanks.

Hearing that you lot are more than happy with our offer in terms of the figure (I've no idea what it is, but I couldn't see us offering much more than 150k) for Mallan. However, you lot are demanding (Rightly) a sizeable slice of the pie if we sell him on which is something we're hesitant to do as we'll only outlay cash for investment purposes these days.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Does Ludo always pretend to be ITK? 

That's some fail right there.

There's a difference between being 'ITK' and posting something you've heard but can't guarantee isn't pish.

On 10/08/2016 at 20:08, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see that St Mirren loanee Ryan Hardie is playing for Rangers u20s in tonight's Irn Bru Cup match.

I can only assume this sort of thing was agreed prior to you paying a portion of his wages for his services on loan? Either way it simply highlights how fuckin' tragic this new cup and the colt team inclusion is.

dbb693b5e750da859dca0a72fe44c660.jpg

Seems to be a new form of loan going about where loanees can still play for the parents side youth side. We had it with George Hunter last season.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be a new form of loan going about where loanees can still play for the parents side youth side. We had it with George Hunter last season.

Development loan. We had Calum Waters on one from Celtic last season, and Joe Thomson and Daniel Harvie this year.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Development loan. We had Calum Waters on one from Celtic last season, and Joe Thomson and Daniel Harvie this year.

Yup, just seems like the last few years almost every single loans been one of those instead of the more "conventional" loans

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup, just seems like the last few years almost every single loans been one of those instead of the more "conventional" loans

The terms of the deal state that he only plays in the diddy cup. He won't feature for their U-20's in any other competition according to Rae.

However, they appear to be out the diddy cup despite Hardie scoring again.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hearing that you lot are more than happy with our offer in terms of the figure (I've no idea what it is, but I couldn't see us offering much more than 150k) for Mallan. However, you lot are demanding (Rightly) a sizeable slice of the pie if we sell him on which is something we're hesitant to do as we'll only outlay cash for investment purposes these days.

Stop talking pish

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

With all due respect (absolutely none), I've read quite a few of your posts where you appear to have some sort of scoop and from what I remember it is always a load of shite.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

With all due respect (absolutely none), I've read quite a few of your posts where you appear to have some sort of scoop and from what I remember it is always a load of shite.

With all due respect (absolutely none) I don't think I've ever claimed to have some sort of 'scoop'.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With all due respect (absolutely none) I don't think I've ever claimed to have some sort of 'scoop'.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol: Right you are...

Quite the difference between appear to and claimed to mind you, this is obviously nonsense fabricated by you and passed off as some sort of source. £150,000 (at most, apparently) would be chased out the door along with the previous derisory offers.

32 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

:lol: Right you are...

Quite the difference between appear to and claimed to mind you, this is obviously nonsense fabricated by you and passed off as some sort of source. £150,000 (at most, apparently) would be chased out the door along with the previous derisory offers.

Well, quite evidently you can't read.

I did hear the aforementioned, I didn't claim it to be fact, I claimed I'd heard it.

I never passed anything off as factual or as if it was some sort of 'source' - Especially so in regards to the figure in which I said, I, personally couldn't see us offering much more than £150k - which is the absolute most I could see us spending.

Are you ITK by saying that £150,000 'would be chased out the door along with the previous derisory offers?' The media seem to be suggesting that's the sort of figure it'd take to get you considering it - Not that they're exactly fountains of knowledge either.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you ITK by saying that £150,000 'would be chased out the door along with the previous derisory offers?' The media seem to be suggesting that's the sort of figure it'd take to get you considering it - Not that they're exactly fountains of knowledge either.

I'll get shot down for this by other buds, but we have form as a club for seemingly haggling down the value of our  own players. I suspect £150k would get things moving, at least initially.

I have no evidence for this, but if, as has been claimed, you bid circa £80k, why did you then come back with circa £100k, unless you'd heard it might work? I mean, surely our response to an £80k bid ought to have been "get fucked, we're not selling for less than £400k." At which point Dundee get fucked. But you didn't, you slightly increased your bid. It's like chatting up a girl. If you get good signals, you carry on. If she calls you short and ugly and that she'd never touch you in a million years, you move on.

I reckon we have raised a coquettish trouser leg to Dundee, which is why they're still sniffing around.

We've been in this 'don't need to sell' situation before and still have failed to attract really significant fees for our players. My prediction, FWIW: I bet he goes for £200k to Hibs or Dundee, and there will be much pishing of underwear on here.

20 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Rae quoted in today's local paper saying that we've received a couple of informal and derisory bids for Stevie Mallan. He goes on to say the days of us selling players on the cheap are gone.

That's what our Chairman and manager were talking about before we lost Hemmings. It's pretty much what they have to do in an attempt to drive off any interest, that doesn't mean it's the reality.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's what our Chairman and manager were talking about before we lost Hemmings. It's pretty much what they have to do in an attempt to drive off any interest, that doesn't mean it's the reality.

I would tend to agree, but the interesting aspect for us has to be the manager stating that selling our prized assets on the cheap is a thing of the past.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I would tend to agree, but the interesting aspect for us has to be the manager stating that selling our prized assets on the cheap is a thing of the past.

Wouldn't disagree with that. To hear positive noises coming from the club can only be a good thing.

ETA: Just seen Scot Burns on Twitter is saying we're trying to tempt you with Nicky Low. :lol:

Archived