The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Pars to announce Mallan on Monday. Straight swap for Michael Moffat. Feel we're being seen off slightly.

Dunfermline do have a dreadful track record on swap deals so your concern is justified.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pish. Mallan is a better prospect than John McGinn was at the same age. Dundee's offer was farcical. In your dreams will Mallan ever end up at Dundee. He will end up at a far more successful club than Stewart ever will.

It seems that way too considering the reviews you guys have been giving him on this thread.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If your form continues to be this bad, how early is Rae realistically going to be under serious pressure?

Difficult to tell with the new board, but I'd say end of October/start of November. 

ETA: I was referring to a sacking scenario, but as Lex says, he's already under pressure from the fans at least. 

I know he scored today, but does anyone else get really fucked off with Tom Walsh? Rarely tries to beat a man, shirks every challenge, and generally looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

With 5 or so mins to go, at 1-0 down, he got the ball on the wing, with acres of space in front of him, and he casually strolled up the park. Infuriating.

Maybe unfair to single out a young guy in a team full of awful performances, but he gives me the impression he doesn't want to be here.

I know he scored today, but does anyone else get really fucked off with Tom Walsh? Rarely tries to beat a man, shirks every challenge, and generally looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

With 5 or so mins to go, at 1-0 down, he got the ball on the wing, with acres of space in front of him, and he casually strolled up the park. Infuriating.

Maybe unfair to single out a young guy in a team full of awful performances, but he gives me the impression he doesn't want to be here.

No.

I thought he had an absolute nightmare after he came on. To be fair he was played left wing back, defending was clearly a role had no familiarity with at all. He was caught out in behind at least 3 times.

Still though. Subbed on and gets the goal, take that every week.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

No.

I thought he had an absolute nightmare after he came on. To be fair he was played left wing back, defending was clearly a role had no familiarity with at all. He was caught out in behind at least 3 times.

Still though. Subbed on and gets the goal, take that every week.

So you do or don't get annoyed by him?

I agree with your point about scoring though. If he does that every week, great! 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Surprised how poorly the saints have started.  I know it's only early days but I thought you be right up there challenging for the title. What's going wrong?

Tactically inept. Rae is under huge pressure already but seems to be clueless. 

So you do or don't get annoyed by him?

I agree with your point about scoring though. If he does that every week, great! 

Annoyed? Don't know if that's the word. I look at him and he reminds me alot of Callum Gallagher;

He's running around fine and he's trying his best. Sadly he isn't up to it technically, but thats why he's playing for a bottom half of the second tier side like ourselves.

17 minutes ago, Lex said:

Annoyed? Don't know if that's the word. I look at him and he reminds me alot of Callum Gallagher;

He's running around fine and he's trying his best. Sadly he isn't up to it technically, but thats why he's playing for a bottom half of the second tier side like ourselves.

I was a bit confused with your response to my initial post.

He's never struck me as trying his best when I've seen him. That's what I don't like about him. But again, as I've said, he's a young guy so maybe unfair for me to single him out. There are several other players more worthy of criticism. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Surprised how poorly the saints have started.  I know it's only early days but I thought you be right up there challenging for the title. What's going wrong?

Rae is the problem, tactically inept and completely clueless. Non existent midfield overloaded with strikers and a Bombscare back four. We have somehow managed to look even worse than last season. He has to go and soon.

45 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Rae is the problem, tactically inept and completely clueless. Non existent midfield overloaded with strikers and a Bombscare back four. We have somehow managed to look even worse than last season. He has to go and soon.

I hate this question, but I'm genuinely curious, who would you have to replace him? I remember when Stevie Aitken applied for the Raith job I desperately didn't want him to go, even though I'm absolutely not his biggest fan, because the names banded about were horrendous.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I hate this question, but I'm genuinely curious, who would you have to replace him? I remember when Stevie Aitken applied for the Raith job I desperately didn't want him to go, even though I'm absolutely not his biggest fan, because the names banded about were horrendous.

The most obvious names would be Jack Ross and Yogi. We need someone to come in and give us back some kind of identity.

The complete lack of direction and  a brand of football that would make your eyes bleed will ultimately see him given the boot unless he walks.

7 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The most obvious names would be Jack Ross and Yogi. We need someone to come in and give us back some kind of identity.

The complete lack of direction and  a brand of football that would make your eyes bleed will ultimately see him given the boot unless he walks.

Those are the two who sprung to mind for me. Yogi never has anything other than good things to say about St. Mirren and Jack is definitely a candidate now that the old board are gone and old bitter feelings have hopefully passed. 

Everyone thinks of Jack Ross and remembers how it ended with the league cup final bonus nonsense but in the mists of time it's sort of smeared over just how highly the fans thought of him. 

Archived