The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can only assume that if a number of clubs are after him then St Mirren have made it known they're looking to put him out on loan. Rae must be making room for other signings.

I reckon our need for central midfielders is what's behind this.

It does beggar belief that Rae has signed four strikers two wingers and two centre backs on top of the ones already in the squad, yet Hutton is the lone recruit for central midfield ? 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He's been injured since pre-season.

I'm sure he was on the bench for one of the home League Cup games, can't remember which one. Fairly sure he played in friendlies too. It's all very odd with him and MacKenzie.

We signed Gordon before McKenzie became available and Rae did say he had no intention of signing another centre half but thought McKenzie was too good an opportunity to miss.
A statement I found quite bizarre at the time right enough.

Someone fancy explaining this JD stramash thing to me in the simplest terms possible, I can't be bothered scrabbling about for what's going on.

What I can make out is top hasn't been released for fans and JD has just said on Twitter they've cancelled the contract with the supplier. The way it sounds is the tops won't be getting released to fans although could be terrible communication over 140 characters.

JD released the top for pre-orders. Weeks have passed with little communication bar the club saying they are disappointed with the delay. It seems now that JD have cancelled the contract with whoever was going to supply them with the strips and fans won't be able to buy one. Cue meltdown.

For the club it doesn't actually matter. JD give them cash no matter what sales are. It's a shame JD keep fucking up because the horror 2014/15 kit apart they've done some unique and good designs for us. The 2012/13 kit was designed by a fan given to JD who went a made them and it was great. My kits have lasted quite well when I use them for 5s too.

The problem is our fans are never happy. Whilst this is a complete f**k up, folk are suggesting they'd be happy if the club sold generic badged kits from the club shop in April. I remember the sponsored by Braehead but can't buy it there complaints. I can just see the complaints kits aren't unique, £40 for a badged shirt that costs £25, the stripes don't go over the back, we can't get it from a shop in the town centre and all the other complaints our fans would have!

So is she joining you :-)

It doesn't look like it, although she did say she's not been to Ayr tonight.

She'll no doubt be back on tomorrow to say she was just having a wee joke and the strips will be out on Friday.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Look you c***s, we gave you Gary Irvine so just give us Stevie Mallan and stop your fannying about.

Aye.....Erm thanks for that?

Honestly though, Irvine isn't very good at all. Nor is Mallan at present either but he's at least worth a development fee. 

Perhaps Rae's been unlucky with injuries but after hearing the line-up for Saturday's game did anyone expect anything other than what happened?

He had a week to come up with a Plan B - I'd have been happy to see us try and shitfest the game.

AR & DF will be here until the end of the season then that's it. They are away when their contract is up. They won't be sacked as its a waste of money to pay them off. Realistically we aren't going up this season anyway. We need Hibs & Utd out this division and replaced with 2 lesser teams. Just need to enjoy as many games as possible and if it goes pear shaped hope Rae walks. I'm sure we could all make him walk if we put our minds to it

Archived