The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wouldn't disagree with that. To hear positive noises coming from the club can only be a good thing.

ETA: Just seen Scot Burns on Twitter is saying we're trying to tempt you with Nicky Low. :lol:

How's Gowser playing for you? I'd take him back tomorrow.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

How's Gowser playing for you? I'd take him back tomorrow.

He has been an excellent player for us. Plays deep in the midfield these days . Never stops running.

Wouldn't disagree with that. To hear positive noises coming from the club can only be a good thing.

ETA: Just seen Scot Burns on Twitter is saying we're trying to tempt you with Nicky Low. :lol:

We really need another CM so fancy just giving us him for free? xox

Regarding Mallan, he still has another 2 years left on his deal. If he only had six months then I think he'd be away already. It'd need to be a pretty good deal for us to sell. Big test for the new board here.

15 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Regarding Mallan, he still has another 2 years left on his deal. If he only had six months then I think he'd be away already. It'd need to be a pretty good deal for us to sell. Big test for the new board here.

Yeah, I could see lots of rage quits on the direct debits if he's punted cheaply.

1 hour ago, ulysses said:

We'd probably pay you to take Nicky Low.

Decent, tidy wee player but has been an absolute waste of a wage since signing.

19 minutes ago, wisbit said:

When St mirren tops out for general sale?

Had a look in jd but they didn't have it.

Pick a random date in the future and add a few months. Whatever year that takes you to, it's the Christmas after that.

Getting rid of a crocked journeyman plus a few shillings for one of Scotland's most promising youngsters would be absolutely delicious.

You çunts must be about skint?

How is Kyle Hutton playing? Many of the regular QOS P and B posters raved about him last season despite the fact that our midfield contibuted next to nothing last season. Personally I didnt get him at all - seldom passed the ball forward, never looked like creating many goals ,and didnt score a goal. Unless I am missing something you cant have too many central midfielders delivering these sort of match statistics.He was a permanent fixture in our midfield and while he worked hard he consistently failed to deliver. I wasnt one of the disappointed QOS followers when he left.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

How is Kyle Hutton playing? Many of the regular QOS P and B posters raved about him last season despite the fact that our midfield contibuted next to nothing last season. Personally I didnt get him at all - seldom passed the ball forward, never looked like creating many goals ,and didnt score a goal. Unless I am missing something you cant have too many central midfielders delivering these sort of match statistics.He was a permanent fixture in our midfield and while he worked hard he consistently failed to deliver. I wasnt one of the disappointed QOS followers when he left.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that we appear to have signed a holding midfielder who struggles with passing the ball and tackling opponents. 

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now, though.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Getting rid of a crocked journeyman plus a few shillings for one of Scotland's most promising youngsters would be absolutely delicious.

Not at all, we're pretty much break even and have zero bank debt.

Mallan won't go on the cheap for the simple reason that he's been at the club since he was 9 so even if we did let his contract run out, his development fee would be quite hefty. 

The Daily Retard has Dumbarton interested in taking Ben Gordon on loan, strange decision when he still hasnt kicked a ball for us. Could this potentially mean that Rae is trying to shift someone in order to sign another central midfielder.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The Daily Retard has Dumbarton interested in taking Ben Gordon on loan, strange decision when he still hasnt kicked a ball for us. Could this potentially mean that Rae is trying to shift someone in order to sign another central midfielder.

We're in desperate need of a centre half so that would make a bit of sense, aye. Here's hoping it comes off.  Is he injured or just out of favour?

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We're in desperate need of a centre half so that would make a bit of sense, aye. Here's hoping it comes off.  Is he injured or just out of favour?

No thanks in regards to Nicky Low, and yes Ben Gordon has been out with an injury.

The daily Record has previous of making up stories so I'm not sure if there's any concrete evidence that Stevie Aitken has made an enquiry.  

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The daily Record has previous of making up stories so I'm not sure if there's any concrete evidence that Stevie Aitken has made an enquiry.

Stevie Aitken has previous for spilling stuff to the Daily Record as well, so there could be something to it. I'm a bit concerned that Gordon has been out injured though, the last thing we need is another croaked centre half.  Be great to have him home though!

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Stevie Aitken has previous for spilling stuff to the Daily Record as well, so there could be something to it. I'm a bit concerned that Gordon has been out injured though, the last thing we need is another croaked centre half.  Be great to have him home though!

The article in question actually states that Dumbarton are one of a number of clubs looking to take St Mirren defender Ben Gordon on loan.

16 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

How is Kyle Hutton playing?

Not been great to be honest. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as it is early days and the rest of our midfield isn't helping but he needs to improve. He looked far more comfortable when were were pressing Raith at the end going forward than breaking up play and getting involved in the dirty stuff which is troubling as we need a defensive mid.  

Gordon to Dumbarton would be strange, but if it is just for fitness it would make some sense although to a rival in the division and would leave us light there....

17 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Given Mallan is under contract for a couple of seasons, the noises we are making and that Dundee have made some cash recently I can't see us letting him go on the cheap. Especially with the rage quits on direct debits factored in as Stu said above! 

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The article in question actually states that Dumbarton are one of a number of clubs looking to take St Mirren defender Ben Gordon on loan.

I can only assume that if a number of clubs are after him then St Mirren have made it known they're looking to put him out on loan. Rae must be making room for other signings.

Archived