The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's definitely fit now, as he came on as a sub last Saturday. 

The loan thing might have been just a rumour, it came from the Daily Record. Wouldn't surprise me though, as there's no need to have 4 centre backs in the squad. 

Genuinely don't understand the clamour to have gus back from some posters? Where has this come from?

Probably from the fact last time we were in such a position he came in avoided relegation, then came 2nd in division, then won the division and a cup and then kept us up in the SPL while taking us to cup semis and finals.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Irvine is fucking dreadful.

Naismith is fucking dreadful as well. At least Irvine has the excuse  that he's playing out of position. 

Maybe if Irvine was given a run out in his more natural right back slot then he could maybe improve.

Naismith is fucking dreadful as well. At least Irvine has the excuse  that he's playing out of position. 

Maybe if Irvine was given a run out in his more natural right back slot then he could maybe improve.

Naismith's decision making was horrific on Saturday he needs dropped. I'm all for throwing some of the u20 team in they couldn't do any worse. I really hope Rae turns it around as some stability is needed we can just keeps going through manager after manger.

Then we get Tony Fitz telling everyone to get behind Rae and his staff.  No idea what doesnt mess about but do we really think he'll get punted on Saturday if we get beat i highly doubt it.

It's all sounding a very bit Dundee here. Rae had lost the support and the directors had a sign that they had ballboys carry round the stadium that said something like 'One manager, one team, one Dundee'.

He was sacked directly after the match.

Irvine performed much better at LB for us than RB. Which was why we converted him to a Lb.

Therefore, I wouldn't hope for much.

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Irvine performed much better at LB for us than RB. Which was why we converted him to a Lb.

Therefore, I wouldn't hope for much.

He's a right footed player playing at left back, every time he receives the ball while attempting to make a cross, he has to more or less stop the play and switch the ball on to his right foot.

Hardly ideal when he's supporting the midfield and attempting to get a quick delivery into the box.

He's a right footed player playing at left back, every time he receives the ball while attempting to make a cross, he has to more or less stop the play and switch the ball on to his right foot.

Hardly ideal when he's supporting the midfield and attempting to get a quick delivery into the box.

His crossing was abysmal at RB. I don't think he ever had an assist in his 3 and a bit seasons (other than our league winning goal) from that position.

He needs that extra touch to focus his brain to put a half decent ball in.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's all sounding a very bit Dundee here. Rae had lost the support and the directors had a sign that they had ballboys carry round the stadium that said something like 'One manager, one team, one Dundee'.

He was sacked directly after the match.

I don't know if it was you, or one of the other Dundee supporters,  who called it exactly right about Rae's mystifying defensive midfield blindspot, but kudos to whoever it was. His kick-up-the-arse techniques were clearly ok for a squad in disarray last Christmas, but it's a very thin veneer hiding a complete lack of flexibility and know-how.

Likewise, several Dumbarton supporters warned us that Ian Murray really wasn't the reason Dumbarton had been doing well.

Funny thing with this place: there is so much shite talked, it's tough to know who's being serious and who's just at the wind-up. For every gem, there's a Falkirk fan telling us Michael Higdon is just a big lazy shitebag.

11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

His only balls into the box and big hoofs from deep in his own half to a static forward line with their backs to goal. Totally shit tactic.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

His only balls into the box and big hoofs from deep in his own half to a static forward line with their backs to goal. Totally shit tactic.

All of the evidence points to poor management. This is the squad that Rae assembled so there can be no excuse for the performances to date. 

Archived