The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fab news on Shankland.

Was really coming on to a game later in the season, and with him, Sutton and Clarkson all together by mid July I think this bodes well.

Other squad additions have all been promising too.

Happy!

10 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Fab news on Shankland.

Was really coming on to a game later in the season, and with him, Sutton and Clarkson all together by mid July I think this bodes well.

Other squad additions have all been promising too.

Happy!

Rae said another three after signing Sutton - We've had Walsh and now Shankland so maybe one more.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Rae said another three after signing Sutton - We've had Walsh and now Shankland so maybe one more.

Yeah, he said last week he was still after a winger and two strikers. That's two of them - and I think we have a fair idea who a striker he's been trying to sign us.

Delighted with Shankland back but we could do with someone up top who has a bit more pace in a Mendes/Hasselbaink mould.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yeah, he said last week he was still after a winger and two strikers. That's two of them - and I think we have a fair idea who a striker he's been trying to sign us.

Delighted with Shankland back but we could do with someone up top who has a bit more pace in a Mendes/Hasselbaink mould.

Yup. No real secret who that third player he's looking for, is. 

Rae said in his video interview today that we have room for one more signing, and they'll assess over the next few days who it needs to be, depending on how bad Rocco's injury. If he's out for a while, I can see us bringing in another CM.

2 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Rae said in his video interview today that we have room for one more signing, and they'll assess over the next few days who it needs to be, depending on how bad Rocco's injury. If he's out for a while, I can see us bringing in another CM.

What was the news on Quinn?  I thought on Saturday it looked as if it could even be a broken ankle.  The pitch looked good, but you could tell from the way the ball was moving the grass was actually quite long, and I've seen people get bad ankle injuries just from catching themselves on that kind of pitch.

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

What was the news on Quinn?  I thought on Saturday it looked as if it could even be a broken ankle.  The pitch looked good, but you could tell from the way the ball was moving the grass was actually quite long, and I've seen people get bad ankle injuries just from catching themselves on that kind of pitch.

He had a scan today so we'll know tonight. 

15 hours ago, ulysses said:

Rae has said he is out for some considerable time in the post Ayr media interview. 

I think another CM is likely, don't see us going for Hardie but wouldn't be surprised. 

Rae has said he is out for some considerable time in the post Ayr media interview. 

I think another CM is likely, don't see us going for Hardie but wouldn't be surprised. 

In the press conference Rae said they were still waiting as the scan was only at 4.30pm yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

In the press conference Rae said they were still waiting as the scan was only at 4.30pm yesterday.

I'm sure post match he said same things "waiting on consultant, 4pm scan" but he adds in a line something like "whatever it is looking like out for a considerable period" 

37 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I'm sure post match he said same things "waiting on consultant, 4pm scan" but he adds in a line something like "whatever it is looking like out for a considerable period" 

Was just coming on to edit my post (but you've beat me to it!) as I've only just listened to the Saints TV interview. Apologies.

for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to a season! Alex Rae has put together a good squad, my only worry is that we might be a bit lightweight in the middle of the park - I thought John Rankin would have been a decent signing, as far as i'm aware he is still without a club. Signing him would allow Stevie Mallan to take up more of an attacking role.

Good Striking options as well, glad there is no one like Bahoken that we have as a back up  :thumsup2

Archived