The Conservative and Unionist Party.

Im_Rodger

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop talking utter shite, FPTP massively favours the Tories and Labour therefore there is not a chance it will ever change for any reason whatsoever for the rest of human history. As long as the UK exists it will be FPTP as turkeys don't vote for xmas.

What a slavering load of utter shite.

Not sure it matters what system we use, it will favour the Tories and labour. Hard not to favour two parties that gain the best part of 70% of the vote.

The only way it will ever change is if minor parties demand it next time there is a hung parliament or if Labour get in with a leader like Alan Johnson who loves AV+

Not sure it matters what system we use, it will favour the Tories and labour. Hard not to favour two parties that gain the best part of 70% of the vote.

But surely part of the reason they get the best part of 70% is helped by the fact it's first past the post? In other words, people realise a vote for the Greens or another smaller party is likely to be wasted, so in may cases choose the less unpleasant of the big two?

But surely part of the reason they get the best part of 70% is helped by the fact it's first past the post? In other words, people realise a vote for the Greens or another smaller party is likely to be wasted, so in may cases choose the less unpleasant of the big two?

But even in the EU elections the only reason they don't dominate is because we have single issue party UKIP who make their money out of those polls

Because PR would probably the condition demanded by prospective partners for a Labour-led coalition. The Lib Dems could have wrung it out of the Tories but Clegg's team Hibsed it and only got a referendum on AV instead. I can see it happening in my lifetime unless the Grim Reaper comes earlier than expected..  

But then Labour could always say no as it's too big a concession.

At the present time the SNP is the obvious party in a coalition.

Why would the SNP want PR when FPTP has clearly benefited them.

I pointed out in an earlier post that even if there was the bestest political system in the world in Westminster, Scotland would always be Mr 10%.

There is no system that would allow Scottish MP's soley to legislate on Scottish issues.

By that I mean only Scottish MP's decide the fate of Trident for example.

And how do you decide the question of bombing other countries.

Vast majority of Scots MP's voted no but that mid eastern country was bombed anyway.

How would a fair(?) system take into account the Scots voting no and the rest of the UK voting aye.

You and I baith ken that the only solution is independence.

But then Labour could always say no as it's too big a concession.

At the present time the SNP is the obvious party in a coalition.

Why would the SNP want PR when FPTP has clearly benefited them.

I pointed out in an earlier post that even if there was the bestest political system in the world in Westminster, Scotland would always be Mr 10%.

There is no system that would allow Scottish MP's soley to legislate on Scottish issues.

By that I mean only Scottish MP's decide the fate of Trident for example.

And how do you decide the question of bombing other countries.

Vast majority of Scots MP's voted no but that mid eastern country was bombed anyway.

How would a fair(?) system take into account the Scots voting no and the rest of the UK voting aye.

You and I baith ken that the only solution is independence.

Trident is not a Scotland only issue. Scotland only issues are discussed by the Scottish parliament.

Trident is not a Scotland only issue. Scotland only issues are discussed by the Scottish parliament.

How much of England will be a no go area for 100000 years if something goes wrong with trident? Given that recent whistleblowing activity has highlighted major health n safety failures?

How much of England will be a no go area for 100000 years if something goes wrong with trident? Given that recent whistleblowing activity has highlighted major health n safety failures?

Wow, what a dumb post. Defence is a national issue, not a Scotland only thing.

Come back to me when you have something to say which makes sense in the context of the post you were responding to.

It made sense. I'm not responsible for your failure to understand things.

I'm convinced Mr Bairn and oaksoft are the same person.

I'd be utterly shocked if someone who doesn't self-identify as a troll didn't have a catalogue of login personas they could choose from, like a shit version of Roger the alien.

Wow, what a dumb post. Defence is a national issue, not a Scotland only thing.

So again which bits of England will be uninhabitable if something goes wrong with trident 30 miles away from our most populous city?? Why is trident not shared around the uk strategically so that one enemy strike cant disable it??

Never mind deflecting. I want to know why a hardcore lefty thinks it is acceptable to tell some people their jobs are an embarassment.

Who the f**k do you think you are?

I sincerely hope there are not people on this forum on zero hour contracts, minimum wage or flipping burgers who have read your pig headed arrogant post.

Honestly I thought it was only rich right wing scum who laughed at others at the bottom of the pile.

It seems the left are just as scummy.

At least you're taking it well.

I'd be utterly shocked if someone who doesn't self-identify as a troll didn't have a catalogue of login personas they could choose from, like a shit version of Roger the alien.

I've had a few aliases in the past but oaksoft isn't one of them

So again which bits of England will be uninhabitable if something goes wrong with trident 30 miles away from our most populous city?? Why is trident not shared around the uk strategically so that one enemy strike cant disable it??

Trident is a national defence missile system

Archived