The Conservative and Unionist Party.

Im_Rodger

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because thats the behaviour most of you display on this forum.

Barely an independent thought amongst you.

Hardly anyone with the courage to say something which breaks rank for fear of being attacked.

Most of us?

Do I want independence - yes

Do I want fracking - No

Do I believe the SNP are using tax raising powers correctly - No

Do I believe in banning sectarian chanting from football matches- yes

Do I think the named person's act has been property articulated - No

Do I think it's a good idea in principle - yes

Do I think unionist parties talk Scotland down - yes..

Do you read all my posts - obviously not

Hardly anyone with the courage to say something which breaks rank for fear of being attacked.

I'm a little scared to agree with Scot Squid on the Kenny Mcaskill thread.

I'm not sure you're strong enough to cope tbh.

Bye then.

Why don't you f**k off then ? Why would you want to converse with sheep as you put it ?

Don't let the fact that we have all criticised the SNP over certain things from time to time.

Just continue in your little dreamworld you complete and utter cretin.

Do you have any understanding of the concepts of economics or liberty? - f**k no

Missing your point champ?

Reply was to show oaksoft that I don't always agree with SNP.

Not sure what yours was about.

With regards to economics and business in general you will no doubt be aware that liquidation is company death, thus your user name is far from correct

My point was that anyone who supports the SNP fundamentally misunderstands economics and liberty. If, as implied, you think that we should have a 50p top rate of tax, you fundamentally misunderstand that tax raises on high - earners cause inflation and unemployment. If you think that the Named Persons act is good in principle you fundamentally misunderstand the role of the state in a free society. Any independence supporter with integrity should be joining the Scottish Libertarians and any true Scottish patriot should be in favour of upholding through policy the beliefs of one of Scotland's greatest thinkers, Adam Smith.

With regards to The Rangers, I don't believe that a football club is defined by its holding company. For the record, I consider AFC Wimbledon and Airdrieonians to be the same club as their "predecessors".

You are obviously an idiot. There are so many idiotic statements above that it you must have a degree in stupidity. In fact I would go as far as to say it must even be from a proper university.

You are obviously an idiot. There are so many idiotic statements above that it you must have a degree in stupidity. In fact I would go as far as to say it must even be from a proper university.

He Graduated from Trump University

He Graduated from Trump University

Aye, it's really weird that these poor fools still believe in trickle down economics, despite decades of evidence of getting fucked.

The "Scottish Libertarians" :lol:

The one good thing about British politics is that white nationalists have generally had the decency simply to join the Tories and be overt about it, rather than kidding on that what they're really all about is freedom for all.

If it is the free market with minimal state intervention, no subsidisation and no protectionism, then no, you are wrong.

What country are you thinking of? By the way Trump favours protectionism big style.

I don't support Trump. Some of the countries in question would be Sweden pre 1960s, The US pre 1896 and Hong Kong pre 1997.

Sweden pre 60's was still benefiting from the WW2 boom in selling iron to the Nazi war machine, pre war they were an impoverished agricultural economy. America pre 1896 were still a backwater with huge poverty recovering from their civil war, and Hong Kong was been run by diktat from London, no democracy was introduced until the years directly preceding the handover, since when more of the wealth has found itself more widely distributed.

I'm almost sure one or two of the three is true, at least.

If "trickle down economics" is corporatism with heavy state intervention then yes, I agree with you. If it is the free market with minimal state intervention, no subsidisation and no protectionism, then no, you are wrong.

Trickle down economics is so discredited that it has been re-branded and swept under the carpet. It is now, more often, used as a critique.

Rich people hoard wealth, die with it and leave it to their families. It is a system designed to create and maintain elites.

A billionaire will buy a huge yacht, which will help to employ a good few people through many, different, processes. But he won't buy twenty.

Trickle up economy is the real world.

As I said, poverty in Hong Kong drastically decreased, the gap between the rich and the poor decreased and GDP rose hugely.

If you want to reverse your statement it's usually polite to mention why.

I haven't reversed a statement.

Just a major edit then..

post-30062-0-97569100-1463528271_thumb.j

Fair enough if you're trying to correct a mistake, but a bit slippery to sneak it in after a reply without explanation.

This, I think it's the sheer arrogance that puts people off, I'd much rather listen to the arguments of someone like Wee Willie who has supported his party for years than someone who has jumped on the bandwagon over the last few years and points and shouts how anti-Scottish we are for not falling in line. It's where the real division has emanated from, most people I know hate it.

A pal's Mum got dogs abuse from canvassers at Clarkston Toll, for having the temerity to inform them that she and her Husband had already used their postal votes to register a No vote.

On your first point, you seem upset.

On your second point, good.  What a complete and utter riddy for them voting No.

My point was that anyone who supports the SNP fundamentally misunderstands economics and liberty.

... and that's as far as I got with this particular bigot's diatribe.

Sweden pre 60's was still benefiting from the WW2 boom in selling iron to the Nazi war machine, pre war they were an impoverished agricultural economy. America pre 1896 were still a backwater with huge poverty recovering from their civil war, and Hong Kong was been run by diktat from London, no democracy was introduced until the years directly preceding the handover, since when more of the wealth has found itself more widely distributed.

I'm almost sure one or two of the three is true, at least.

I might be wrong on this, but I think that the US was the richest country in the world before 1890s. And I believe that our working class was much better off than the working class in the UK for the most part, although both countries had deplorable conditions for large percentages of our populations.

Aye she did Lichtie, I'm sure you have a number of examples on the reverse, that are just as bad?😉

There was a guy in Glasgow who got his throat slit because of the football team he supported. That is at least as bad.

Archived