The Partick Thistle thread

I see its confirmed that the Weir's, plus Billy Allen, are our new investors. Good stuff.

Nice to see that item about the Weirs confirmed. The Invisible Man took his bloody time buying shares.

Anyone going to the AGM this evening?

I am surprised at the lack of resistance from Partick supporters on the scarf giveaway.

Provides he has a knowledge of Scottish football, a stranger will know that wearers are Partick supporters and with reference to a fixture list will then know where you are on a given Saturday leading to potential burglaries or stalkings.

Yer maw wisny too resistant when a wis blastin her up the farter.

Stevenson seems monumentally fucked off that he's been benched recently. If Fraser takes his current form into January and we sign a replacement for Muirhead then I reckon it's ta ta Ryan. Being the main man at St Mirren would probably satisfy his ego.

to be honest I would prefer to keep Stevenson over Pogba. Sure Stevenson has over a year and a half left on contract whereas Pogba is out of contract in the summer. Out of the 2 I would say Stevenson is the more likely to score goals

Both of their contracts run out in the summer but with both of them we have the option to extend them by another year.

Edit: Personally don't rate Pogba and don't see him as half the player Taylor was. Would be happy to keep Stevenson on but freeing up his wages would mean we could get in another decent player.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

I want Pogba to do well - I really do - and at his best he is good at taking one or two touches, holding off a defender then spraying it wide, but from what I've seen I don't see him as being able to get into the double figures for goals, even if he was playing over the course of a full season. He's not as hopeless as, say, Jim Hamilton in the "big clumsy bambi on ice diddy" stakes but for what he gives us we're better off with either Doolan in there or possibly trying Muirhead as a striker than Pogba. Even then, Muirhead is away back to Utd soon so that'd be a temporary option up front...

Archie did say when the news about the debt being cleared broke that we'd be looking to do some business in January. With the squad the way it is in terms of numbers, I think that probably means a couple of midfielders going out.

Apart from Wilson, who I'm increasingly thinking was given an extension on the basis that he's cheap and that Welsh would crumple before he reached the end of August, Stevenson would seem to be next in the queue out the door if he's on decent wages, not playing, and evidently not happy about it if his huffy lassie instagram posts full of inspirational quotes are anything to go by. Suppose the question of where he'd go on those wages is the thing but if the Ayr connection is strong enough for him to take a cut then it might be an option.

I still think Pogba has something to offer, he was good against United at Firhill but when he's bad, he's awful. We could ideally use a 4th centre half as well to cover for Seaborne's inevitable time out.

Stevenson can naff off whenever he likes. Has contributed little, other than some of the most atrocious haircuts to ever grace the Stadium of Dreams, and his Instagram posts are the equivalent of those fat burds who you used to go to school with who post Marilyn Monroe quotes on Facebook every day.

Stevenson is a decent player at this level, but the problem is he doesn't fit into our system, which Archie clearly knows judging by the numerous failed attempts at playing him as a striker. We just don't really have a 'man in the hole' position which Stevenson would be best suited to. He's not a striker, he's not a winger and we have so many CMs already that he basically just doesn't fit.

I'd be happy to keep him, but if he's going to act like a dick because he's not starting every week, then f**k him.

Edited by Nightmare

Stevenson is a decent player at this level, but the problem is he doesn't fit into our system, which Archie clearly knows judging by the numerous failed attempts at playing him as a striker. We just don't really have a 'man in the hole' position which Stevenson would be best suited to. He's not a striker, he's not a winger and we have so many CMs already that he basically just doesn't fit.

I'd be happy to keep him, but if he's going to act like a dick because he's not starting every week, then f**k him.

Pretty much this. He did a good job for us last season after a slow start but he doesn't really fit into our system, probably why he's been dropped completely this season. With his wages we could likely get a good player who fits into the team a lot better. Seeing as we're doing fine without him starting most weeks, maybe that's the better option.

I was one of those who thought he still had something to offer. He was excellent against Dundee at home and, I think, Kilmarnock. The front three were really fluid during those matches. But he hasn't recovered from Tynecastle and is slow enough without dragging a petted lip along.

Edited by Nizzy

Very much a player whose all sugar or all shite. Hopefully he'll be happy to mutually cancel the contract without further payment and go elsewhere in January as I assume he's on a decent wedge, which can easily be spent on other players.

I like Stevenson would keep him, it's funny those near me in the JHS who have been on his back since he didn't score a hattrick on his debut are the same nutters who booed Simon Donnelly (for allegedly being overpaid) and Gary Harkins (for being lazy).

He seems to be someone who believes he's better than he actually is. Not that he's a bad player, just not as good as he wants to be. I agree with those saying he just doesn't fit the system, and I don't think he works hard enough, or fast enough to be really useful. I'd be happy to keep him if he was happy being a bit-part player. But if he's bitching about not playing, I wouldn't be averse to seeing him go out the door.

I like Stevenson would keep him, it's funny those near me in the JHS who have been on his back since he didn't score a hattrick on his debut are the same nutters who booed Simon Donnelly (for allegedly being overpaid) and Gary Harkins (for being lazy).

They were correct.