The Partick Thistle thread

That sounds horrible tbh. If we were to ever move to a stadium I'd hate it to be one of those Airdrie/Clyde/Hamilton like stadium. It would be though.

It's obviously total pie in the sky but we could incorporate terracing now if we were building a new ground, and it would be 10 minutes walk max from Partick station which is one of the busiest transport hubs in Scotland with the train / underground / bus routes.

I'm only half joking when I said we should look to build a new ground with the Warriors, looks like their pitch is fucked worse than ours if they're having to move games to Kilmarnock. Would obviously have to be artificial turf though.

Almondvale is a cracking stadium. It's just too big for Livingston and it's in a crap location.

The stands from Almondvale behind both our goals and in place of the Jackie Husband Stand, with both corners filled in would make for a brilliant stadium. The excellent Main Stand would be retained to ensure we still had a bit of character.

I quite like the elevation at NDP that means you get a good view of the pitch, it's just a shame it's so open and 2-sided.

At the Ramsdens final my reward for being one of the first to get tickets was to be stuck in the front row, almost below the level of the pitch. It is good that it's fairly enclosed though. St Mirren's ground is dire, for the cup game a few weeks back I was in the back row and the view was still terrible.

The redeveloped Firhill would have a decent terracing behind the goal anyway 8)

We should get Kingsford to find some avant garde architects to design the new Firhill. Get that Frank lad who designed the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao to tart up the bing while we're at it 8)

The midtjylland arena man united are playing in tonight is a smart wee stadium,11000 capacity.

You know the story of that though... ?

Two provincial clubs bought over by a multi-millionaire, merged and now play at a stadium halfway between the two towns. Like merging Motherwell and Hamilton and playing at Strathclyde Park.

A new multi purpose stadium down by the old docks near the transport museum, 4G pitch, share with the rugger buggers, back in Partick. Job's a good 'un.

No chance we want 4g, you don't get a proper bounce on it. I'll never go back if we get an astroturf pitch.

That patch of land between the transport museum and the newish flats at the river would be a belter of a place for a new ground. If i ever become Russian tycoon rich, we are moving there.

If we were ever to move from Firhill that is the only place I can think of that would get my vote, walking distance from Partick and west end would not be too bad. Elevated steep stands and a decent terrace ~10,000 total capacity.

You know the story of that though... ?

Two provincial clubs bought over by a multi-millionaire, merged and now play at a stadium halfway between the two towns. Like merging Motherwell and Hamilton and playing at Strathclyde Park.

nope,didn't know the story,just thought it was a smart wee stadium.

There is only one place that Thistle would move away from Firhill to in the foreseeable future and it's a 3G or 4G Scotstoun. Let's not kid ourselves here.

The only way any move would be viable, even if we sold the whole of Firhill for demolition and development, would be to somewhere that's already got most of a stadium in place or somewhere someone else was willing to share both the stadium and the costs of building it with us.