The Partick Thistle thread

Surprised Lindsay never got a call up for the u21s but I suppose it's competitive games for the u21 squad and the likes of McGhee, Souttar etc are established so he's not going to displace any of them unless Strachan had called them up to the first team.

Nesbitt is in the u19s.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Lawless is obviously raging that Wallace never got called up, but also remembered he still plays for Thistle so got the Booth mention in there to avoid the backlash. The social media training is going well.

Part of his new deal - if he signs it, should be 'no more internet'.

Said in the Aberdeen thread that it's all very well putting in decent performances against the top 3, but these games coming up are ones we need to be winning. Can't drop performance levels now. Amazed we're still looking pretty decent with both Bannigan and Dumbuya missing.

Think our game in hand against United will be a biggie. No pissing about with formations against the worst team in the league.

I hate scapegoating but if we have serious ambitions of sneaking into the top6 then Welsh has to be kept as a shitfest sub when we are holding out for a result.

Banzo does THAT much of the closing down etc with Osman that it has allowed Welsh to be a passenger in this team, take either Banzo or Osman out of the team and we are over run in the midfield as Welsh just floats about.

I'm usually in a bit of a minority defending Welsh as I think he does a lot of useful stuff in the middle that goes largely unnoticed but today, penalty aside he was so off the pace it was'nt funny. He couldn't find a teammate with the ball if it came complete with instructions. A truly awful performance and on a day when we really needed him

I hate scapegoating but if we have serious ambitions of sneaking into the top6 then Welsh has to be kept as a shitfest sub when we are holding out for a result.

Banzo does THAT much of the closing down etc with Osman that it has allowed Welsh to be a passenger in this team, take either Banzo or Osman out of the team and we are over run in the midfield as Welsh just floats about.

This.

Welsh fits in the Muirhead and Craigen category. Did enough of a job in the division below but being a regular top level performer? Nope and certainly not one to have if holding top six aspirations.

Considering the lack of news I'm going to assume Osman is offski along with Banzo. Saying other night I fully imagine Lawless to also be away to bigger things in the summer. Could be looking at a mass level reshaping of a new midfield.