The Partick Thistle thread

The club putting it up on the website with a closing date like it's any other job at the club suggests the board will just wait and see who applies rather than come up with any sort of list of candidates who might be worth going out and speaking to.

So we'll get a few part time managers from the lower leagues, Jim Duffy and the other assorted losers of Scottish football declaring an interest and no doubt Yogi will have his usual Sportsound slot booked for this week where he talks about the job at length before saying he doesn't want it. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Archie going had to happen. I was at my first game this season and it was horrendous to watch. There was no atmosphere, passion or excitement. Nothing. For the first time ever I felt like leaving half way through the second half.

I was thinking back to Archie’s swashbuckling team that won the First Division and the highs of getting a top 6 finish. For this i’ll always be thankful.  I remember his debut and the solid defender he was for the team. All good things have come to an end I suppose. I’d like to wish him all  the best in whatever he does now.

The Board need to get the next appointment right. It should be Ian McCall.

1 minute ago, Big Dan said:

Robbie Neilson anyone? He is currently living in the West End. Previously said that he was a friend of Archie and would not be interested in the Thistle job while Archie was still in place.

He was at Firhill today, I'd imagine more watching Thistle as they are the next opposition of Dundee Utd.

Robbie Neilson anyone? He is currently living in the West End. Previously said that he was a friend of Archie and would not be interested in the Thistle job while Archie was still in place.
Robbie Neilson would be a terrific appointment IMHO but I just can't see it

Cheers for the memories Archie. Well, not the shite ones from the last 18 months, but the decent ones before that. Still absolutely the right decision though, even if it was made far later than it should have been.

We'll end up with an absolute joke of an appointment. The only candidate around Scottish football that I'd be excited about is Robbie Neilson, and I'm absolutely certain we wouldn't get him. John Hughes, Alan Stubbs, Jim Duffy etc all fill me with absolute dread. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

He was at Firhill today, I'd imagine more watching Thistle as they are the next opposition of Dundee Utd.

I know that he was interviewed for Dundee Utd, lets hope that they stick with Laurie Ellis. 

Cash may not be the driver for Robbie, stability may be more important, but who knows?