The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Jones wasn't one of the trialists on Saturday so I think we've passed on him. 

Picture on social media of Gordon at the JHS tunnel wearing a moon boot. 

Christ knows about the others, some might be being held off if they're not 100%. The team vs dunfermline on Saturday will probably give more of an indication as to who is fit. 

Thanks for that. It seems that Brownlie and Gordon are injured with Rudden self-isolating.

That leaves question marks over Niang and Turner. Wouldn't be surprised if Niang, like Blair Lyons, is sent out on loan. 

The bench shows that McCall needs to bring in a few new players quickly. Ideally, we need a couple of signings before Saturday.

I don't like to read too much into preseason games but I would be surprised if Scott Tiffoney isn't a Balon d'or winner, Brian Graham ends up with a Pichichi on the mantlepiece and Jamie Sneddon a winner of the Zamora as he leads Scotland to the Qatar World Cup finals...

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Couple of posts online suggesting Brownlie has done his ACL as well but nothing verified. 

Heard that as well. Typical Thistle injury to a key player.

Plenty of time to sign a replacement if true, I suppose. Don’t fancy going into the season with a Bell & O’Ware partnership.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Picture on social media of Gordon at the JHS tunnel wearing a moon boot. 

If he’s injured long-term I’m surprised we loaned out James Lyon to Stenny. 

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Couple of posts online suggesting Brownlie has done his ACL as well but nothing verified. 

Another centre-half is an absolutely must then, if that’s the case. 

Edited by JagsCG

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Comment from WAT on Rudden - 

"Rangers TV have apparently said in their commentary that he’s out with a “long term injury and they wish him well and a speedy recovery”. 

Hopefully, that's just Sevco trolling us but...  ☹️

Zak Rudden is scheduled to return back to training tomorrow. Zero truth in the long term injury line. 

I’d have had Brownlie as our best centre half, so that’s a massive loss (if true, of course). As above, don’t fancy going into the season with Bell and O’Ware as our first choice with McKenna and Niang as back up. No doubt McCall doesn’t fancy that either given the injury stuff last season, so presumably he’ll be looking for someone.

Is Billy Owens a centre midfielder? He could be an option to fill in for Gordon’s place on the bench if it’s not a long term thing.

At least Rudden’s ok. 

Hadn't really considered after all this time that a game was actually coming up that I could attend in the Dunfermline one.  Official site doesn't mention, but assume it's a pretty limited attendance even though it's just season ticket holders.  1000 isn't it based on SG tier rules?

Was it an injury or Covid-related? Was out of the Scotland U21 squad entirely for their second match so assumed injury.

Could do with an update from the club on Brownlie. Really hope he's not out long-term. He's basically the only central defender we don't have question marks over at this level. Bell is great but at his age can he be relied upon every week? O'Ware is coming back from serious injuries and even when he did play for us he didn't look great (was playing next to McGinty to be fair). McKenna seems to be seen as more of a right-back while Sena is probably best suited to midfield. 

If O'Ware is back to his best then Bell-O'Ware with the other two as cover might be okay but would probably prefer to see another signing made if Brownlie is out for a long time.

Edited by Slacker

Stranraer or Motherwell B away in the Challenge Cup on the weekend of 4/5th September.

I'd kinda forgotten there was a new season starting, so caught up on the Euros had I got. That fixture's got me buzzing though. Hopefully get to tick Motherwell B Park off the list.

Are Thistle the only team in the division that put highlights behind a paywall? 

I was hoping we'd bin that this season with interviews moving onto YouTube, but it doesn't seem to be the case as all the pre season highlights have been subscriber only. 

Edited by Fuctifano