The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

University of Kentucky for the past 4 years, if Transfermarkt is to be believed. Complete unknown quantity, then.

Punted out of Hearts by Levein for "being too small for a centre half" I believe, and been hawking himself around Scottish clubs looking for a trial for months now.

When was the last time we signed a guy after being a trialist in a pre season friendly? Feel like the league cup going to groups and not allowing trialists has stopped that route. 

Most recent one I can think of is Osman, with Dumbuya, Frans and Keown all playing as trialists in games after the season started. Probably someone very obvious missing tho. 

Gordon being shite then popping up with a goal? Not like him.

Took his goal well tbf then missed an absolute belter of a sitter, open goal from around 6 yards out and he fell on his arse.

The trialist at centre back was woeful probably should’ve sent off within 5 minutes for taking down Austin when he was clean through and he just never settled or recovered after that. Similar to the first half thought Graham and Turner were your 2 best players and was impressed with MacIver as well but he did look a lot better through the middle rather than wide right.

Was a decent enough game for the most part that you guys probably should’ve won more comfortably.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Took his goal well tbf then missed an absolute belter of a sitter, open goal from around 6 yards out and he fell on his arse.

The trialist at centre back was woeful probably should’ve sent off within 5 minutes for taking down Austin when he was clean through and he just never settled or recovered after that. Similar to the first half thought Graham and Turner were your 2 best players and was impressed with MacIver as well but he did look a lot better through the middle rather than wide right.

Was a decent enough game for the most part that you guys probably should’ve won more comfortably.

I don't necessarily agree that Thistle should have won more comfortably than they did, I thought that there wasn't that much between the teams on the day.  However it was only a warm up match for the season ahead, and I think that both teams will be happy at getting game time in the player's legs, especially as they both made sure that as many subs as possible got some game time.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I agree, if this was a cup game it would have been an easy away win. We deffo had a few more gears where we could have stepped up too. Both times we lost a goal we stepped it up and came right back in, after the 2nd equaliser there was only one team in it as we didn't lower ourself back down to meh friendly.

12 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

I don't necessarily agree that Thistle should have won more comfortably than they did, I thought that there wasn't that much between the teams on the day.  However it was only a warm up match for the season ahead, and I think that both teams will be happy at getting game time in the player's legs, especially as they both made sure that as many subs as possible got some game time.

Thistle took it as a friendly, had it been competitive it would have been an easy away win

1 hour ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Thistle took it as a friendly, had it been competitive it would have been an easy away win

Both teams took it for what it was intended, and that was  getting the players game time before the competitive matches kick in. I don't think that many Thistle players were strolling through the game thinking that they could score at will, but I agree that if it was a competitive match then the full-time team would prevail, but perhaps not as easily as you say. Having said all that I enjoyed the game thoroughly and I hope that the Jags have an excellent season in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Slightly surprised we're not doing phone based tickets as an option. I'd happily not see us play Rangers or Celtic again tbh but it'll probably flog a few streams from the away side and every penny counts. 

On the plus side it’s only home fans allowed in.