The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Not convinced we’ll bring in a right-back, I reckon the plan is to have Foster there, agree we definitely still need a winger in and a keeper to compete with Sneddon. Not sure what’ll happen with O’Ware. 

Surely we cant go into the season eith only 2 fullbacks on the books?

Thats less than last season!

Id be astonished and massively worried if we dont bring in another full back.

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Surely we cant go into the season eith only 2 fullbacks on the books?

McCall sees McKenna as a RB, so it’d be 3. 1 - RB, 1 - LB and then Foster who plays both. Maybe an additional full back will be one of the loans McCall resorts to. 

Fixtures out tomorrow 9am and I've convinced myself we'll have Killie at home first up in a Friday night. 

I think Ayr vs Killie day 1 is too obvious and promoted club vs relegated club is a day 1 staple. 

Edited by Fuctifano

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Fixtures out tomorrow 9am and I've convinced myself we'll have Killie at home first up in a Friday night. 

I think Ayr vs Killie day 1 is too obvious and promoted club vs relegated club is a day 1 staple. 

Couldn't have been much more wrong 😂 

Until it's confirmed if we'll be able to go or not I can't really get excited about a fixture list which will essentially be which team will I watch us play on my laptop on Saturday.

Inverness away on boxing day and our last 2 away trips of the season being Queens and Ayr are ideal as long as we can go.

Until it's confirmed if we'll be able to go or not I can't really get excited about a fixture list which will essentially be which team will I watch us play on my laptop on Saturday.
Inverness away on boxing day and our last 2 away trips of the season being Queens and Ayr are ideal as long as we can go.
Inverness away on boxing day, if we're allowed to go, is about as far from ideal as possible. No available public transport.

10 hours ago, jaggymct said:

Dobbie not signing which is a relief tbh was not convinced he would have been a good use of a wage

He would have been Thistle best signing in years on and off the pitch worth every penny 

1 hour ago, Northfield said:

He would have been Thistle best signing in years on and off the pitch worth every penny 

Off the pitch, he might have been useful to have around the squad. But based on his last couple of years at QotS he wouldn’t be starting for us next season.

I was OK with whatever happened regarding Dobbie, my main issue was he would presumably be on a hefty wage for someone who wouldn't start every week but if we had signed him then I'm (possibly incorrectly) confident we wouldn't have overpaid. 

That move makes perfect sense for him though. 

4 hours ago, Northfield said:

He may have been extremely good off the pitch, a great guy by all accounts but we’ve enough of the off the pitch characters at the club, not sure Dobbie at his age would have improved our starting XI therefore it’s not a huge loss that he’s understandably chose a club down south. 

I wouldn't say so, I think we're still looking for a first choice keeper, winger, and centre half. 

More likely that these will be from down south and / or loans hence the initial flurry of activity then it going quiet. 

I'd like to think the likes of Gordon, McKenna, Murray, Maciver are the plan B

Edited by Fuctifano

8 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I wouldn't say so, I think we're still looking for a first choice keeper, winger, and centre half. 

More likely that these will be from down south and / or loans hence the initial flurry of activity then it going quiet. 

I'd like to think the likes of Gordon, McKenna, Murray, Maciver are the plan B

Keeper, possibly, but surprised if Sneddon has re-signed without expectation of starting. I think we’ll start with Bell and Brownlie (although Bell probably will be in and out). I’d assumed we’d play 433 with Tiffoney, Graham and Rudden up front. 

19 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is it fair to assume we already have our first choice stating XI for this season and that any further signings are back up, plan B etc?

No.

11 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Keeper, possibly, but surprised if Sneddon has re-signed without expectation of starting. I think we’ll start with Bell and Brownlie (although Bell probably will be in and out). I’d assumed we’d play 433 with Tiffoney, Graham and Rudden up front. 

Sneddon is in for a shock if he’s expecting to start next season.

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19388926.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like anyone who used to go to the Aitken Suite will have to settle for a marquee in the Jackie Husband car park going forward with it mentioned the current bars will be used for members or VIPs.

I guess the members will be folk that have joined the fan ownership ?