The Partick Thistle thread

Would at least one of the bars not still need to be used as changing rooms for the players until we're back to pre - March 2020 restriction levels?

I've also been trying to think of an Oktoberfest reference for this for ten minutes and can't. 

On 21/06/2021 at 07:46, JudgeMudge said:

Keeper, possibly, but surprised if Sneddon has re-signed without expectation of starting. I think we’ll start with Bell and Brownlie (although Bell probably will be in and out). I’d assumed we’d play 433 with Tiffoney, Graham and Rudden up front. 

We are bringing in a loan keeper as far as i know, not from old firm either, probably wont be announced for a bit yet. Also def looking for a center half also.

On 22/06/2021 at 12:11, jagsfan57 said:

I guess the members will be folk that have joined the fan ownership ?

Yeah I wondered what counts as a member as well. 

I'll probably still drink in the Woody tbh, although I've no idea what that will be like if restrictions are still in place given how busy it is by 2pm. If it's awful, then a covered car park bang outside the stadium might have appeal. 

Pre season friendlies schedule 

Saturday 26 June – Kelty Hearts v Partick Thistle (New Central Park, 2pm)

Saturday 3 July – East Kilbride v Partick Thistle (K-Park, 2pm)

The Club are currently in advanced discussions surrounding an evening pre-season fixture at Firhill on Monday 5 July.

Spectator arrangements for each fixture will be confirmed in due course.

The Club are currently in advanced discussions surrounding an evening pre-season fixture at Firhill on Monday 5 July.
I'd remind all fellow jags that EK were one of the most vocal pro colts in the lowland league. If fans are allowed id encourage everyone not to attend and give these rats a single penny of your cash.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
7 hours ago, jaggyness said:

I'd remind all fellow jags that EK were one of the most vocal pro colts in the lowland league. If fans are allowed id encourage everyone not to attend and give these rats a single penny of your cash.

There are vantage points just outside K-Park from where you can see almost the entire pitch - an ideal opportunity to support your team without giving these scabs any money.

Not sure 'rats' and 'scabs' is needed. The management made a decision that may have helped keep their club solvent - they weren't bussed in to break a picket line. 

Don't forget they allowed us to bring in some of their players last season, one of whom got a bad injury, another helped us win the league. No-one moaned about that.

I might not like their decision, but I'm not going to start using such language to describe them - I save that for the other Glasgow teams and Airdrie.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Not sure 'rats' and 'scabs' is needed. The management made a decision that may have helped keep their club solvent - they weren't bussed in to break a picket line. 

Don't forget they allowed us to bring in some of their players last season, one of whom got a bad injury, another helped us win the league. No-one moaned about that.

I might not like their decision, but I'm not going to start using such language to describe them - I save that for the other Glasgow teams and Airdrie.

They’re rat c***s, and I hope they go bust. 

Nonsense. Take a look at their squad and tell me again that the £3,000 is plausibly the only thing keeping them afloat. They (and others) sold out the integrity of the league system to cozy up to two clubs you're fine with calling rats. Having loaned us a couple of players in the past is an absolute irrelevance.

18 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

A Rangers supporting colleague of mine says Rangers news site has mentioned an upcoming friendly with them so might be the TBC evening game

1 minute ago, jaggymct said:

A Rangers supporting colleague of mine says Rangers news site has mentioned an upcoming friendly with them so might be the TBC evening game

Looking forward to us selling Rangers 6,000 tickets then remembering there's still pandemic restrictions in place. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Nonsense. Take a look at their squad and tell me again that the £3,000 is plausibly the only thing keeping them afloat. They (and others) sold out the integrity of the league system to cozy up to two clubs you're fine with calling rats. Having loaned us a couple of players in the past is an absolute irrelevance.

Fair enough, you've got your opinion 

Happy to call Queen's Park scabs (even though they're ground sharing with us) but calling EK for selling out isn't alright? Ok then

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:
8 hours ago, baba douche said:

Happy to call Queen's Park scabs (even though they're ground sharing with us) but calling EK for selling out isn't alright? Ok then

Aye, alright I'll call them gyppos?

And how are they scabs then? Have they crossed a picket line?

19 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

It was you who called QP scabs not me emoji2371.png

No I didn't, I said I would use 'such language', meant in a more general abusive sense.

Show me exactly where I called them scabs. You made that connection.

I wouldn't call anyone or anything 'scabs' unless for a VERY specific reason. I remember 'scabs', and wouldn't use that term without good cause.

I accept that I could have omitted QP from the generality of 'the Glasgow clubs', mea culpa.

But back to my question, how ARE EK, or any other team, 'scabs'?