The Partick Thistle thread

15 minutes ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

I didn't know people could get access to games outside uk/ireland on streaming, always thought that was scrapped after we got relegated from premier league so good to know it will continue on after this season ends for people. Also good to know that streaming will continue for this season, will be good for anyone unsure or the older generation who may be at risk to be able to still see games. 

It was scrapped after relegation from the Premiership. At that point we didn’t have the infrastructure or expertise in place to do it in-house. I think we were looking at almost five figures a game to do the same coverage of Premiership with around 100 people subscribing/purchasing.

Last year, like all clubs, we had to adapt with the pandemic. Again we didn’t have the infrastructure or expertise to do it in-house so we went down the QTV/Stream Digital route because it had to work and it had to deliver what it needed to. Was it perfect? No, but it was head and shoulders above the Pixellot shite and we got into it gradually. There will always be personal taste with commentators/analysts etc but everyone who wanted to could watch the game(barring the Falkirk pre-game issue).

We’ve spent the summer investing in infrastructure to do it in-house and learning how is to do it with assistance from a technical partner because we have the season to stream through the UK/Ireland. If restrictions go backwards, it is capable of handling what we need to and if they free up as expected then it is cost effective for us to deliver with more people in Firhill.

It’ll continue to be monitored and if the numbers stack up then it could be utilised after this season. You may have noticed that part of the purchase asks you to declare a home/away team - it’s pretty basic but gives us a chance to look at the numbers and see how it stacks up plus an analytic overview of where people are viewing - Bermuda is popular with Thistle fans for example!

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Does season ticket cover you for streams (for league games), I know it did last year but at £12 a stream that suggests maybe not? 

As it stands, we can accommodate all season ticket holders inside Firhill. If restrictions mean that we can only host, for example, 1,000 people and we have 2,000 ST’s then the people who can’t attend in person will get access to the stream for that game.

5 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

It was scrapped after relegation from the Premiership. At that point we didn’t have the infrastructure or expertise in place to do it in-house. I think we were looking at almost five figures a game to do the same coverage of Premiership with around 100 people subscribing/purchasing.

Last year, like all clubs, we had to adapt with the pandemic. Again we didn’t have the infrastructure or expertise to do it in-house so we went down the QTV/Stream Digital route because it had to work and it had to deliver what it needed to. Was it perfect? No, but it was head and shoulders above the Pixellot shite and we got into it gradually. There will always be personal taste with commentators/analysts etc but everyone who wanted to could watch the game(barring the Falkirk pre-game issue).

We’ve spent the summer investing in infrastructure to do it in-house and learning how is to do it with assistance from a technical partner because we have the season to stream through the UK/Ireland. If restrictions go backwards, it is capable of handling what we need to and if they free up as expected then it is cost effective for us to deliver with more people in Firhill.

It’ll continue to be monitored and if the numbers stack up then it could be utilised after this season. You may have noticed that part of the purchase asks you to declare a home/away team - it’s pretty basic but gives us a chance to look at the numbers and see how it stacks up plus an analytic overview of where people are viewing - Bermuda is popular with Thistle fans for example!

As it stands, we can accommodate all season ticket holders inside Firhill. If restrictions mean that we can only host, for example, 1,000 people and we have 2,000 ST’s then the people who can’t attend in person will get access to the stream for that game.

Had  this changed at Thistle, at Ayr wether it’s full attendance or not streaming  is part of your season ticket for this coming season , they had to make decision before season tickets went on sale 

2 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Thanks SLJ, good to have this info..

I streamed a lot of games last season and a couple this season. This season the image quality is not as good as last season. It's very jittery. Nothing has changed my end. All watched on a Powerbook.

Pars will beat Stenny on Saturday before we play The Buddies on Sunday so we will already know there’s no chance of progression, so I’d be resting the likes of graham, rudden, tiff, banzo and turner ahead of qots, if we had more players I’d be doing the same with holt n foster aswell, f**k it just say we’re forfeiting and save the hassle.

17 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Beautiful place lol

On 20/07/2021 at 23:04, JagsCG said:

Our squad is thin but not really in the position he plays, so it’s understandable I’d say. 

I understand why Lyon has gone out on loan. The timing, given our squad is still thin, was premature. A couple more injuries would be very worrying.

Does anyone have possible signing news or even rumours? Nothing so far this week so more empty seats on the bench again on Sunday.

On 21/07/2021 at 23:29, costa said:

Pars will beat Stenny on Saturday before we play The Buddies on Sunday so we will already know there’s no chance of progression, so I’d be resting the likes of graham, rudden, tiff, banzo and turner ahead of qots, if we had more players I’d be doing the same with holt n foster aswell, f**k it just say we’re forfeiting and save the hassle.

We'd progress with a 3-0 win - definitely worth a go with the first-choice team.

They've got six days to rest before we play the Doonhamers.

On 16/07/2021 at 11:23, Pie Of The Month said:

Anyone have hassle with their season ticket showing in the app?

Bought 2 this morning after putting it off forever and 1 shows for 1 of us but the other doesn't show and phoning the club just goes to voicemail.

Now got 1 of the 2 season tickets in the post but the other person's season ticket is showing in my app and not theirs.

I don't think there's any company more difficult to speak to someone who can sort out any issues than Thistle. Can't go in due to COVID, no one answers the phone and emails get ignored.

What's the status with social bubbles these days? I would have thought given the levels of restrictions now that these would be largely unnecessary, if I buy a season ticket now am I supposed to register one other household I would like to go to games with? And how does it actually work in practice at games? Presumably nobody is checking you're sitting only with your social bubble?

40 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

What's the status with social bubbles these days? I would have thought given the levels of restrictions now that these would be largely unnecessary, if I buy a season ticket now am I supposed to register one other household I would like to go to games with? And how does it actually work in practice at games? Presumably nobody is checking you're sitting only with your social bubble?

You’re supposed to register it if you want to sit with certain people at the game, and the bubbles now allow for up to 15 people in them.

It doesn’t really sound like it will work, and from the two games I’ve never seen anyone checking that folk are in their right seats or the appropriate bubble.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Brownlie signs extension til 2023. I'm not O'Ware of anything that could go wrong with offering a centre half a deal after a serious knee injury. 

The announcement on the club website says -"Following further consultation and scans, Darren will undergo surgery on his injury which will see him sidelined for most of the 2021/22 campaign." 

It's hard to understand this risky decision by McCall given our thin squad and tight budget. Our strips this season have become a horrible mess due to the splattering of corporate sponsors' logos everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The announcement on the club website says -"Following further consultation and scans, Darren will undergo surgery on his injury which will see him sidelined for most of the 2021/22 campaign." 

It's hard to understand this risky decision by McCall given our thin squad and tight budget. Our strips this season have become a horrible mess due to the splattering of corporate sponsors' logos everywhere.

Given he’s been talking about doing this for months, it was probably already covered for in the budget, and it’s well deserved by Brownlie in any case, he was outstanding last season. Obviously there is a risk due to his current injury, but for the quality of player he is and importance to the side when fit, it’s a risk worth taking I’d say. 

We do need another centre-half in however, now it’s confirmed he’s going to miss most of the season. More signings aren’t looking particularly promising just now but hopefully I’m wrong and we see some next week. 

13 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Given he’s been talking about doing this for months, it was probably already covered for in the budget, and it’s well deserved by Brownlie in any case, he was outstanding last season. Obviously there is a risk due to his current injury, but for the quality of player he is and importance to the side when fit, it’s a risk worth taking I’d say. 

We do need another centre-half in however, now it’s confirmed he’s going to miss most of the season. More signings aren’t looking particularly promising just now but hopefully I’m wrong and we see some next week. 

It's possible that, due to his lengthy absence,  Brownlie's wages are covered by the club's insurers. He will, as you say, be hard to replace.

Ideally, with O'Ware also out for whatever reason, we need two CBs now. Sena should return to midfield, his natural and best position.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

44 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Not unhappy to see Brownlie extend his contract, but it has the feeling of a “quick, just announce something - anything!” type of announcement.

This looks a bit stupid now.

Happy with this signing. Not the CB that we really need, but should be very useful at this level.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Pretty pleased with that, I vaguely recall him being quite good at Ayr. 

Good signing that. I was hoping Cove would have made an offer (maybe did). He's a local Aberdeen lad clearly and thought the lure of staying in his home city could have been enticing. Was wanting to see him and Mitch together like in their Aberdeen reserve days. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Pretty pleased with that, I vaguely recall him being quite good at Ayr. 

Very happy with that, presumably we’ll be looking to play him out wide but I think he can operate in a few positions along the front in any case.