The Partick Thistle thread

A benefit I could see from restarting with a whole new board is using this “reboot” to start more frequently interacting with a wider group of fans. I don’t want to dig out the resigning parties too much as I appreciate that they’re all volunteers putting in their own personal time to try and make this work; and being met with stiff resistance from the ghoul in charge of 3BC.

But communication from TJF has been suspect from the offset; irregular updates making it hard to gauge the level of progress being made, minimal interaction with those of us sticking a tenner in every month, and just a general detachment between TJF and the average Thistle fan. Up until now it has all very insular; a wee bit like all these Jags Trust-type organisations that we’ve had in the last 20+ years.

If we want to put more pressure on Low we need a more engaged and quite simply larger group of fans actually invested in TJF. And if a new board will help freshen things up and galvanise the support then I can get behind that.

Any new board really needs to explain what the alternative plan is for achieving fan ownership. If Jacqui Low has decided she isn’t willing to gift the shares any longer, then there needs to be another way to get her out of the club. That simply has to be the priority at this point, because she’s poison.

Beyond that, as above, the new board need to be better at engaging with the membership and wider fanbase if it’s to truly succeed. 456 members isn’t great, and I think some of that at least has to be put down to concerns about TJF as an organisation. Some of this should be relatively simple to address by just being transparent about what’s going on. 

I feel for anyone who gets involved with TJF just now. Circumstances have worked against them with a cost of living crisis the sad, hard fact is that some people don't have money to be paying a membership currently and Low knows that they don't have the means to financially push her out. What we need is what every club is looking for (and we thought we'd found in Colin Weir) is someone who is prepared to buy those shares out, remove her and then prop up the club until it's in position to be fan run. Kinda similar to what Budge has done at hearts although she's not without fault either.

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:

I feel for anyone who gets involved with TJF just now. Circumstances have worked against them with a cost of living crisis the sad, hard fact is that some people don't have money to be paying a membership currently and Low knows that they don't have the means to financially push her out. What we need is what every club is looking for (and we thought we'd found in Colin Weir) is someone who is prepared to buy those shares out, remove her and then prop up the club until it's in position to be fan run. Kinda similar to what Budge has done at hearts although she's not without fault either.

Fans , especially TJF members, could lobby Weir's executors/heirs to remove Low as TBC's sole Director and appoint a replacement(s). The replacement(s) could then remove her from the PTFC Board.

Another option is  for the fans/TJF to formally ask the SFA if, given the events since Colin Weir's passing, TBC/Low remains a fit and proper owner.

ETA - the SFA could also investigate whether the club got its fair share from the sale of Propco's assets to TBC.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

55 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Decent letter. Noticed Mhairi Black has signed it which will hopefully draw some attention and put a bit of pressure on Low. 

Could have at least used the current club crest or TJF crest instead of the 90's stealth bomber. Will be interesting to see if there is any action when we play Raith, I won't make the game due to work but if there is none then i would think it worrying times and that Jacqui has got away with this!

1 hour ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Could have at least used the current club crest or TJF crest instead of the 90's stealth bomber. Will be interesting to see if there is any action when we play Raith, I won't make the game due to work but if there is none then i would think it worrying times and that Jacqui has got away with this!

By ‘action’ you mean? 

12 hours ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Could have at least used the current club crest or TJF crest instead of the 90's stealth bomber.

It’s not a statement made by or on behalf of either the Club or TJF though, so that would be misleading. We are a group of independent minded fans.

That Draw, Lose or Draw podcast have an interview with someone (who’s name I missed) who was on the board of TJF until a few weeks ago. The guy spoke quite well and it’s probably worth listening to, but main takeaway points are:

• Never been entirely clear what Low actually wants from them. Does know that a few members of the TJF board are sponsors of the club, and are extremely angry about the statement made by Low on Saturday. 
  • The protocols on how fan ownership would work which were put forward by TJF, and rejected out of hand by Low, are identical to the protocols in place at every other fan owned club in the UK
  • Says that the need for due diligence is regarded as ‘non-negotiable’ by TJF. Need to know true financial position just so that TJF can be honest about what will be required from members.
  • Will not accept any other fan organisation which has been hand picked by Low being made “owners” e.g. The jags trust
  • While the argument against Due diligence has been that they’d just share information through other means, no financial information at all has been shared with TJF by the club.
  • Absolutely convinced that we should be doing better but being utterly mismanaged by Low (I think we all knew that one tbh). Needs to be much more long term planning and less shite PR stunts.
  • Acknowledges that TJF haven’t communicated as well as they should have, but that it’s been incredibly difficult to make meaningful progress so understood the decision not to make that public - still a fair criticism.
  •  

28 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

James Cairney has an article about the situation too. Low won't comment until the end of the season apparently.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20069475.partick-thistle-fans-launch-scathing-response-wake-fan-ownership-row/

Really good article by James. Not sure it's wise for the club board to remain in complete silence until the end of the season, but nevertheless unsurprising. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That Draw, Lose or Draw podcast have an interview with someone (who’s name I missed) who was on the board of TJF until a few weeks ago. The guy spoke quite well and it’s probably worth listening to, but main takeaway points are:

• Never been entirely clear what Low actually wants from them. Does know that a few members of the TJF board are sponsors of the club, and are extremely angry about the statement made by Low on Saturday. 
  • The protocols on how fan ownership would work which were put forward by TJF, and rejected out of hand by Low, are identical to the protocols in place at every other fan owned club in the UK
  • Says that the need for due diligence is regarded as ‘non-negotiable’ by TJF. Need to know true financial position just so that TJF can be honest about what will be required from members.
  • Will not accept any other fan organisation which has been hand picked by Low being made “owners” e.g. The jags trust
  • While the argument against Due diligence has been that they’d just share information through other means, no financial information at all has been shared with TJF by the club.
  • Absolutely convinced that we should be doing better but being utterly mismanaged by Low (I think we all knew that one tbh). Needs to be much more long term planning and less shite PR stunts.
  • Acknowledges that TJF haven’t communicated as well as they should have, but that it’s been incredibly difficult to make meaningful progress so understood the decision not to make that public - still a fair criticism.
  •  

Ta for the heads up, have had a look and will give a listen. If its the most recent episode the description says its stuart callison.

2 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Really good article by James. Not sure it's wise for the club board to remain in complete silence until the end of the season, but nevertheless unsurprising. 

The way they operate they might be waiting in the hope we get promoted so they can try bury the bad blood with "we got us promoted" and "need stability to prepare for next season in the top flight".

Get. Low. To. f**k.

20 hours ago, JagsCG said:

By ‘action’ you mean? 

A protest of some sort, make it clear to Low in no uncertain terms that her and her cronies need to go! Like the good old days when jags fans used to use their voices and let them in charge know they cannot run roughshod over us all. Her and a couple of the directors on the board really are quite shady charachters, i fear we are going to need save the jags again soon!

Definitely a positive that has come out of this is it's allowing some Jags fans, I believe had expressed interest in TJF before but it hadn't transpired for whatever reason, to really come forward and take action. In all honesty I was quite lukewarm to fan ownership previously, but I've signed up now. There was real anger off the back of her statement, that won't dissipate for me. 

13 hours ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

A protest of some sort, make it clear to Low in no uncertain terms that her and her cronies need to go! Like the good old days when jags fans used to use their voices and let them in charge know they cannot run roughshod over us all. Her and a couple of the directors on the board really are quite shady charachters, i fear we are going to need save the jags again soon!

Who else is on the board with her..know Rough is always hanging about..is the guy from the basketball still involved.

1 hour ago, IR1970 said:

Who else is on the board with her..know Rough is always hanging about..is the guy from the basketball still involved.

Low, Rough, Smillie from Glasgow Rocks, the hospitality guy who was celebrating Rangers winning an Old FIrm game in the Aitken Suite a few years back plus the 3 apparent fan reps. I think that's it these days.