The Partick Thistle thread

37 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Hibs have sacked Shaun Maloney and Gary "Powerpoint" Caldwell after only four months!

Can't wait for his next appearance on Sportsound.

"So Gary, you've now failed spectacularly at your last three clubs; two as a manager, one as a coach. Tell me, whose fault was it this time and do you still think you'd make a good Scotland manager?"

I dont like people being sacked and unemployed but I do hope Gary Caldwell is having a very shit day today.

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Can't wait for his next appearance on Sportsound.

"So Gary, you've now failed spectacularly at your last three clubs; two as a manager, one as a coach. Tell me, whose fault was it this time and do you still think you'd make a good Scotland manager?"

I dont like people being sacked and unemployed but I do hope Gary Caldwell is having a very shit day today.

Caldwell has been sacked by three clubs as manager (Wigan, Chesterfield, Thistle) and one as assistant manager (Hibs). Before joining Hibs, he was the interim manager of Man City's U23s. It'll be all be Maloney's fault, won't it Gary? 

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

He was an interim manager of Newcastle United U23s and then became a “loan coach” at Man City.

He’ll probably apply for the Hibs job himself.

I'd forgotten that he was at Newcastle before Man City. It's a mystery how that charlatan got those jobs.

IIRC Bunter, Scally and Archie are out of contract at the end of this season.

Be afraid, be very afraid....

58 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I'd forgotten that he was at Newcastle before Man City. It's a mystery how that charlatan got those jobs.

At least if their contracts aren't renewed it won't cost anything to partcwith them.

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

At least if their contracts aren't renewed it won't cost anything to partcwith them.

It's very possible that, with JLow in charge for the foreseeable future, we can't afford to keep them anyway.

After her Caldwell disaster, she could appoint another useless haddy to spite the fans.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's very possible that, with JLow in charge for the foreseeable future, we can't afford to keep them anyway.

After her Caldwell disaster, she could appoint another useless haddy to spite the fans.

All the more reason to chase her and her acolytes down and out of town.

On 19/04/2022 at 19:06, Bishop Briggs said:

Was it ever confirmed how long their contracts were, or if it was a rolling contract? 
Pretty sure McCall said recently he’s started planning for next season so presumably he knows he’ll be here (unless anything drastic happened). 

Happy with that. We’ll see if he can replicate Rudden’s performances for us, but at the very least he should be significantly better than any of the other strikers we’ve had this season (not named Brian Graham).

Edited by Nightmare

31 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Looks like a left back coming in aswell...hopefully Harry Milne from Cove 

Go for Strapp instead. He's out of contract in the summer. Let us keep Harry!

34 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s no bad at all (assuming we get the Arbroath version) 

I thought he was a shoe-in to turn up at Arbroath.

I saw Dowds against us at Balmoral a few weeks back. Looked decent in a poor team but I still have some hesitation about him. Possibly because he's fairly unproven at the Championship level and partly because he never really set league 1 alight. He timed his stint at Arbroath perfectly. They were flying, Nouble was running riot and he was a benefactor. He had a purple patch at Arbroath with 5 goals in a 6 game spell and can hold the ball up which is a strong asset.

Is he as good as Rudden or Graham in his prime? I'm not convinced but saying that he can score goals and could turn out to be a success. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Go for Strapp instead. He's out of contract in the summer. Let us keep Harry!

The Milne rumours have been floating about for a while now, and with the club posting cryptic messages about our next signing being a LB, it seems like this one is a done deal.

I’d prefer Milne, but Strapp would be a really good signing as well.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Hopefully.

I’d like to think he’s signed but we’re waiting till Cove have officially won their league before announcing it. 

That would spoil my summer unimaginable if true. Media spinning it up here that Aberdeen are interested in Harry. They have been for weeks so either they are clueless to the PCA or it's a rumour