The Partick Thistle thread

Our senior squad (13) for next season is now Sneddon, Akinola, Brownlie, Holt, Milne, Docherty, Bannigan, Niang, Turner, Smith, Tiffoney, Graham and Dowds. The modern apprentices (5) under contract are McCready, Owens, Stanway, Lyon and Ocholi.

The out of contract players (10) are Foster, McKenna, Bell, Hendrie, Crawford, Gordon, Murray, MacIver, Lyons (PCA with Montrose) and Rudden (PCA with Dundee). Firth, Mayo, McAllister and Jakubiak return to their parent clubs. Transfermkt says that Firth and McAllister will be out of contract.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

In the Firhill basin? We must be loaded! ;)

Very pleased with Milne's signing but we'll need to improve greatly to go up.

Granted going up this year is unlikely but still possible. I don't see much between Arbroath, Caley and yourselves. History not on your side as everyone knows 4th place doesn't do well but history is there to be broken. In Tiffoney you have a true match winner.

If you don't go up, see you next season

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Granted going up this year is unlikely but still possible. I don't see much between Arbroath, Caley and yourselves. History not on your side as everyone knows 4th place doesn't do well but history is there to be broken. In Tiffoney you have a true match winner.

If you don't go up, see you next season

We struggled against Arbroath - 2 draws this year and 2 defeats last year.

A trip to Cove would be a great day out.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Now it’ll be interesting to see if we also sign Reading as Scott Burns was suggesting, and possibly play Milne higher up?

Or if that was just another reporter doing the old 2+2 thing with ‘Thistle position of need’ + ‘this guy plays for Ayr’ = we must be in for him.

Either way, delighted with this signing.

I think we could go 3-5-2 next season. It would allow to shoehorn Turner, Bannigan and Docherty in together.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Belter of a signing, did Milne play left mid at all for Cove? If not I hope McCall just sticks to his actual position and Reading can be a backup. We need a bit of a full back clear out anyway. 

He was playing left wing back for us, his best position imo, although spent the majority of the time in an advanced position. He could play left wing but his defensive qualities would be slightly lost there. 

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Belter of a signing, did Milne play left mid at all for Cove? If not I hope McCall just sticks to his actual position and Reading can be a backup. We need a bit of a full back clear out anyway. 

That's a bit harsh on McKenna who is a centre back, another defender played out of position by McCall.

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
3 hours ago, Reid said:
I think we could go 3-5-2 next season. It would allow to shoehorn Turner, Bannigan and Docherty in together.

But doesn't really accommodate Tiffoney at all

Probably won’t need to worry about that.

I know there's been a lot of people saying Tiffoney would be sold, but realistically who's going to buy him? Killie or St Mirren are probably the best bets and I can't see either of them paying a fee to get him

19 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I know there's been a lot of people saying Tiffoney would be sold, but realistically who's going to buy him? Killie or St Mirren are probably the best bets and I can't see either of them paying a fee to get him

Motherwell,

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Quite surprised we got more players in this than any other side (and yet our likely POTY isn't even there) but any recognition is good recognition I suppose. Well Done to all 4 👏

It seems to have annoyed some people on Twitter, so I’m all for it. 

35 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Is there a plan to upgrade the firhill playing surface? You have quite an impressive squad but that pitch will surely hinder any attempt at producing a decent footballing side. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said: