The Partick Thistle thread

What's the best way to Kelty,if you are taking a train/ bus from Glasgow? 

Train to Edinburgh then Cowdenbeath then a bus.

Similar, but via Dunfermline?

Edited by jagfox

16 minutes ago, jagfox said:

What's the best way to Kelty,if you are taking a train/ bus from Glasgow? 

Train to Edinburgh then Cowdenbeath then a bus.

Similar, but via Dunfermline?

Two options matey and you've nailed them both there. 

Bus to Dunfermline bus station, then there's a bus to Kelty every half hour from there? 

Train to Edinburgh, onto the Fife circle and get off at Cowdenbeath, is there's a couple of you I'd actually consider just getting a taxi, however you could get a bus. 

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Two options matey and you've nailed them both there. 

Bus to Dunfermline bus station, then there's a bus to Kelty every half hour from there? 

Train to Edinburgh, onto the Fife circle and get off at Cowdenbeath, is there's a couple of you I'd actually consider just getting a taxi, however you could get a bus. 

Cheers mate. 

On 27/06/2023 at 19:13, jagfox said:

Interesting wee bit of Jags history taken from FB.

FB_IMG_1687889245790.thumb.jpg.a75b8edcf598a93b7bf57f5a85c8f882.jpgBargain!

I never realised clubs put their sponsors on transfer agreements. That's wild! 

Edit : Wild as in, there will be clubs down the line from like of Falkirk getting Carrot emoji's on their transfer dealings and Dundee will have been sending emails/fax/letters with "Farfir Rafe Truss like, ken?"

Edited by Derry Alli

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Record are reporting that Josh Kerr that was mentioned earlier in the thread is on trial this week.

That would be the squad really coming together. Another couple and we should be good to go. I'd expect a loan or two, to sign up sometime before 1 September.

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Record are reporting that Josh Kerr that was mentioned earlier in the thread is on trial this week.

I think Airdrie fans are a bit mixed on him but I’d be more inclined to agree with @airdrieman’s summary of him a few pages ago. When he joined Airdrie I thought he’d leave us to go to a much bigger club or be a disaster and drop down a few levels but he actually just left pretty much the same player.  He had some decent spells in his first two seasons but was generally in and out the team due to form and mostly injuries. He never really got going in his final season and it’s telling that 5ft 9 Rhys McCabe was a better option at centre back. Tall, not too slow and good on the ball, though is prone to being overconfident with it. His main issue is being incredibly injury prone.

If Williams and Muirhead are the starting centre backs then I think Kerr is a fine backup. I’d be hesitant to have him starting every week at this level but there is potential there.

40 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Always a bit of a worry when the word ‘potential’ is getting banded around for a 25 year old, tbh.

Yeah I think that’s it. If he could stay fit for a full season then I reckon he could kick on and become a decent defender at this level, just difficult to tell if that will ever happen when he picks up so many injuries.

Kerr is a good player hard to disagree with other posts on the lad,  a modern centre half who is comfortable passing out from the back, sometimes therein lies the problem with players,

He got a bad hernia during the COVID season, and tried to manage it,  which ended up getting worse and being longer out the game after rehab..  He has only played League 1 though and at Bo's on Ireland,  you guys know the step up ,  is it that big..

55 minutes ago, Passionate said:

He has only played League 1 though and at Bo's on Ireland,  you guys know the step up ,  is it that big..

The honest answer to this is it's bigger than most imagine. That's not to say players who aren't stand outs in league one can't be very good championship players. From the very limited amount time Doolan has been in charge one thing he seemed to do was get the maximum out of players so if we sign Kerr then hopefully this will continue. 

Thought I'd have a look at the squad compared to the squad we had for second half of last season in a depth chart. Last year I'd say we had a squad of 22 albeit Lyon played a grand total of 5 minutes in the league last season.

image.png.1098f58ca80476ecdbe7468caaec359b.png

Obviously leavers in red and new additions to the 22 in green including modern apprentices. There are 23 slots in the new season but I'd expect McCready to be out on loan and recalled only in emergency which would give us 22. I would also expect us to sign a third CF which would push Stevenson out (fair enough as he's 17).

Definitely need 3 defenders, some more attacking options, and given the lack of experience at CM next to Bannigan I'd expect another signing there with one of Lyon / Stanway being pushed out - maybe the idea between Lyon getting a 2 year deal is he goes on loan to league 1 this season? I've put Robinson in the attacking midfielders section after Doolan's video interview on the OS last week but he can obviously cover CF as well.

The budget topic is all very confusing, obviously at first we were told we were skint, then we weren't skint, then the interim chair has an interview on the website saying the budget has been increased from the original plan but the following day Doolan has an interview with James Cairney saying the budget is much reduced - this presumably would be relative to last season.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

I was up at the Science Park today, and I think I counted 17 outfielders training and 4 in the goalkeeper group (might have included KA).

Think chances are that Taggart diack and toure made up the numbers for 17 outfielders