The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

He’s not. We signed him after he left Dundee United in 2014.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Fail.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Silly Arab.

I genuinely had no idea. Apologies to Mediocre Pundit for calling him/her silly.

Tomi consistently dug us out of shite when he was here. At times was frequently put on the bench behind far inferior forwards and was still the fans favourite as he would come on and change the game.

Maybe the step up to Swindon was a bit too much but I think he would be a good signing - with decent service I could see him being one of the better forwards in the division. Worth remembering that Ayr team was largely rancid and he had to do a lot himself.

Not sure he would take very well to being 2nd behind Graham though. Would be an odd one.

Edited by AuAl

17 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

I hope your management team have good counselling skills !!

Managers need to be able to deal with different characters - according to Bullen Adeloye was sensitive and needed an “arm round his shoulder” There is nothing wrong with that - Doolan strikes me as a manager who can do that. 

He is an excellent focal point, so strong - get people close to him and he will chuck defenders about for fun. He isn’t the best finisher, not that’s he’s a bad one either - saying that he didn’t exactly get many chances with us. My only hesitation in taking him back would be the last year or so. 

Tomi is a top boi. Proven at this level.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. He consistently dug us out the shit under some rancid managers and with a rancid team. He'd definitely get double figures and is certainly box office. He single-handedly changed games for us.

Fitness may be an issue given he hasn't featured much for Swindon.

456535327_images(1).jpeg.c129482d20f97ceae36d0fef6c6d4d2d.jpeg

In the interest of balance I’d be fine with him going to a competitor. Don’t think he’s as good as some make him out to be and he stood out mainly because of the other dross in that team. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

That article states clubs both sides of the border are interested, hoping the Pars would be one of them.

I heard Tomi can't wait to pair up with Slow Joe again. 

I'm fairly certain from someone ITK we tried to sign Adeloye in the January window when he was at Ayr and McCall was throwing money around but Ayr knocked back the bid as it made more sense to keep him as both teams were still in play off hunt but obviously Doolan wasn't at the club at that stage. 

Maybe that's why Ayr made a bid for Graham this summer now they presumably have more money than us.