The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

If we don’t get the finger out rapid this could be a long season.

Unacceptable considering we have built a pretty decent squad for this level.

What of the new signings this season do you think are decent? Or are you meaning the squad as a whole including last year’s players 

8 of the team that started today were regulars last season, only Williams, Williamson and Lyon weren't (i know Lyon was here but he didn't play). 

Not going to comment too much on a game I didn't see but bringing on Neilson for Lyon after going attacking 4-4-2 last week with the subs seems like an over correction. 

Edited by Fuctifano

14 minutes ago, third lanark said:

What of the new signings this season do you think are decent? Or are you meaning the squad as a whole including last year’s players 

The squad as a whole. McInroy, Adeloye, Williamson and Alston as new signings should (on paper) be decent enough to cut it at this level, as they’ve done it before. Neilson seems to be highly rated by Hearts.

There is no way we should be losing in that manner to a newly promoted Airdrie.

32 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I never seen today, but Adeloye, McInroy and Williamson have been at least good at this level before - and I thought the latter two were really good last week. Alston should be dependable enough on paper, as should Ngwenya and Neilson is highly rated, but unproven I suppose. McDonald is a complete unknown, and Williams hasn’t looked great so far, but neither has he looked utterly hopeless imo.

The guys from last season are all at least fine (other than Dowds, who I think might be irredeemably shite) 

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I never seen today, but Adeloye, McInroy and Williamson have been at least good at this level before - and I thought the latter two were really good last week. Alston should be dependable enough on paper, as should Ngwenya and Neilson is highly rated, but unproven I suppose. McDonald is a complete unknown, and Williams hasn’t looked great so far, but neither has he looked utterly hopeless imo.

The guys from last season are all at least fine (other than Dowds, who I think might be irredeemably shite) 

McInroy walks straight into your side and will easily be your best player.

Not a great performance today, and the second week in a row where Doolan made some questionable substitutions.

This squad looks good on paper, but I do feel like there’s a huge Docherty-shaped hole in the midfield. We have about 7 CMs and none of them are the ball winning type that you really need at this level. You can have all the “talent” in the world, but if you’re missing the fundamental piece that breaks up play then you’re going to struggle.

Got a lot of goodwill in the bank for Kris Doolan, but just a couple of worrying observations that I hope he can rectify.

38 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This squad looks good on paper, but I do feel like there’s a huge Docherty-shaped hole in the midfield. We have about 7 CMs and none of them are the ball winning type that you really need at this level. You can have all the “talent” in the world, but if you’re missing the fundamental piece that breaks up play then you’re going to struggle.

If the rumours that we were in for Shaun Byrne are true, then it appears at least that Doolan recognises this. I believe he said we were after one more in an interview recently, so hopefully we can still rectify it. 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If the rumours that we were in for Shaun Byrne are true, then it appears at least that Doolan recognises this. I believe he said we were after one more in an interview recently, so hopefully we can still rectify it. 

Shaun Byrne signed for Raith a couple of days ago

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Not a great performance today, and the second week in a row where Doolan made some questionable substitutions.

Got a lot of goodwill in the bank for Kris Doolan, but just a couple of worrying observations that I hope he can rectify.

Doherty shaped hole? Doherty is a hole so a hole shaped hole.

Not players as all been chucked together. 

Doolin will get 2 seasons of let off from me as he is very green. 

Agree Need some steel which we have no had, in 40 years.... I did say a good box to box midfielder.

Hopefully a real captain emerges and no just "best player" or "longest serving" or we need to bring someone in that will do it.

Doolin needs to no be afraid of upsetting the dressing room.

3 minutes ago, El Gringo Jag said:

Doherty shaped hole? Doherty is a hole so a hole shaped hole. 

Behave. Docherty wasn't perfect by any stretch but at his best he was a solid presence in the centre completing defensive duty and keeping play moving. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

😂😂- think your problem staring you in  the face - a football legend at the club but way out his depth as a manager!- watched him last season in the play- off final - rabbit in headlights…..

Honking performance but hope it's a nadir and we kick on from now and take  on board lessons learned...thought Aero summed it up perfectly post game interview.

I have faith in Doolan,however,he needs to start making some tough decisions .One obvious one is at what point does he start hooking Graham ?(I say this as a fan of the big man)rather than leave him ineffectual and flailing about up front which he does on occasion .Should have been of after 60 mins and Adeloye given the nod for more muscle and an aerial threat up front and chasing a second and third goal which we need to counter our leaky defence .

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Thistle being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414703780?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

Edited by Hank Scorpio