The Partick Thistle thread

Cheers bud. No, you're not missing anything obvious. It's a simple case of the overall production burden being too much with ~15,000 pages and counting. There's much earmarked to be done and, ultimately, a game-by-game breakdown per player would be one of many things aspired to.

Meantime, please get in touch via DM or e-mail when you need an individual breakdown on subs/cards/games/game time, will be able to supply such a thing straight away for all players, all-time.

~ William

22 hours ago, thistledo said:

Verge of tears over gifs

You're not really a Thistle fan are you, lets be honest here, you can't even spell Doolan. 

Agree, they are predictable and lame. Bet they like woke ass comedians like Joe lycett and James Acaster.

Apologies on the spelling, also I want to thank you and your superior intellect that has put down that world liberating manifesto that you are writing to take the time to correct me.

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I had to use it on that Paul Cicero character but this other guy seems just as bad

Can you stop quoting Walter, please? Defeats the purpose of the ignore function 🤣

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I had to use it on that Paul Cicero character but this other guy seems just as bad

I think he is the last on my list. I unblocked a couple of Morton fannies, but hey ho.

If my reading of @The Thistle Archive is right, Graham after overtaking Mo Johnston and Chris Erskine today only has the following players ahead of him in terms of competitive goals for Thistle in the last 50 years

Joe Craig (last game 1976)
Denis McQuade (1978)
Frank Coulston (1974)
Dougie Somner (1979)
Kris Doolan (2019)

So if you're a Thistle fan under the age of 45 the player you've seen score the most goals for us is our manager and the second most is our current centre forward, and there's only a year between them in age.

Edited by Fuctifano

We could say it every other week but what an incredible signing Graham turned out to be. I don’t recall if anyone really questioned the signing at the time, probably not given he was playing in the Premiership but no one could’ve foreseen the impact he’d have at the club in ways that go far beyond his brilliant record of goals & assists. 

8 hours ago, JagsCG said:

We could say it every other week but what an incredible signing Graham turned out to be. I don’t recall if anyone really questioned the signing at the time, probably not given he was playing in the Premiership but no one could’ve foreseen the impact he’d have at the club in ways that go far beyond his brilliant record of goals & assists. 

IMG-20230902-WA0021.jpg

8 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I don't recall any negativity about the signing of Graham at the time. He always looked to be a good bit of business and turned out to be far better than anyone expected. Around the same time we signed another player who received a far more mixed reaction. He had been dismissed as hopeless by the supporters of his previous two clubs (Motherwell and Dunfermline) and has been outstanding for us. A great signing. Stand up one Stevie Lawless...oh you are standing up. 

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

I don't recall any negativity about the signing of Graham at the time. He always looked to be a good bit of business and turned out to be far better than anyone expected. Around the same time we signed another player who received a far more mixed reaction. He had been dismissed as hopeless by the supporters of his previous two clubs (Motherwell and Dunfermline) and has been outstanding for us. A great signing. Stand up one Stevie Lawless...oh you are standing up. 

Yeah, Lawless has been excellent these past couple of years. I actually think he might be better now than he was in his first spell with us. He's still got the excellent close control and vision which he's always had, but with his experience he's now a smarter player off the ball and situationally. He's been a joy to watch at times, and particularly these last two weeks.

While the likes of Graham, Fitzpatrick and Milne can blow hot and cold, the two players in our team who consistently play at a high level are Steven Lawless and Jack McMillan.