The Partick Thistle thread

11 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Wouldn’t be sending any player to Clyde if they’re still bottom of the league and fully out of confidence come January. McCall will know Ji Stevenson of course, who we have on-loan there at present. 

I work with a Clyde fan who has been fairly impressed with Stevenson, which is good.

I could absolutely see James Lyon ending up there in January, given he’s barely even making match day squads for us. Might be good for him, regardless of how Clyde are doing, to actually play routinely. 

Huh, i genuinely forgot Ben Williamson was on loan from Rangers and thought he was a Thistle Weir graduate til I checked there! Was thinking we'd loan him out to Clyde as he's not quite nailed down a position with us yet.

Would personally rather keep McKenzie, his cameo against Ayr was impressive and I rate him, dunno where he's best at but he looked brave at taking people on. Not a right back though.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Could be wrong but Ben Williamson was just a loan til January I think, so could definitely see Rangers taking him back (and punting him elsewhere) as he’s struggled to get into the side consistently. We probably will get rid of a midfielder if indeed we bring in a CDM like Doolan had suggested was required the other night.  

I heard that Ben Williamson has signed a pre-contract with us beyond his loan ending in January. Have to admit I’m not sure if this is accurate, seeing as that would mean his contract with Rangers would be due to expire in the winter instead of the summer, which seems unlikely for a player at Rangers - but just what I heard from what I would call a reliable source.

Additionally, if this is true, I don’t know whether such a pre-contract with us would just be until the end of this season or for longer.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I heard that Ben Williamson has signed a pre-contract with us beyond his loan ending in January. Have to admit I’m not sure if this is accurate, seeing as that would mean his contract with Rangers would be due to expire in the winter instead of the summer, which seems unlikely for a player at Rangers - but just what I heard from what I would call a reliable source.

Additionally, if this is true, I don’t know whether such a pre-contract with us would just be until the end of this season or for longer.

Could also be a Rudden-style deal where we’re paying a nominal fee plus giving them a sell-on percentage to get him in January.

I’ve not been the biggest fan of Williamson, I think he slows attacks down, is a very angry individual and I’m still not completely sure what kind of midfielder he’s meant to be. That said, I think he’ll probably end up as a top-end Chanpionship to bottom-end Premiership quality player, so happy enough to get him permanently if it is true. We’re also surely near our loan limit, so would be helpful from that perspective. 

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Getting this post in early,  what is the watering holes to avoid next Saturday, what's still open , what's shut etc....

Planning a good few of us.to visit Cooper's pre-match, I hear there is a right bitter luvvy that runs it....

You lads will probably love the Royalty Bar on maryhill road. 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Getting this post in early,  what is the watering holes to avoid next Saturday, what's still open , what's shut etc....

Planning a good few of us.to visit Cooper's pre-match, I hear there is a right bitter luvvy that runs it....

The Aitken suite at the front of Firhill stadium is open to home and away supporters.  Seen plenty of Airdrie supporters in it before in previous games 

On 02/11/2022 at 08:49, The Thistle Archive said:

CONFIRMED: 148 unbroken seasons of Partick Thistle FC!

Our young club fell off the radar in 1876-77 but - at long, long last - we've found not one, but TWO first-team matches, both in the dying embers of that second season. The two games - away to Partick Ramblers & Smithfield - are now databased and the match hubs accessible via the 1876-77 page →

A couple of other results for you from that season:

12 April  -  Partick Ramblers Reserves  2  Thistle Reserves  0  at Overnewton

12 May  -  Thistle  5  Smithfield  0  at Sandyford Park