The Partick Thistle thread

Just seen that Stephen O’Donnell has been offered a new contract at Motherwell, so a Firhill swansong as some had suggested seems a bit unlikely. 

29 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-amoo/profil/spieler/53302

Amoo is without a club, bring him home!

Ha. I quite liked him in spells with us, cant mind why it all faded away for him in the end. Cracking goal from halfway against iirc St Johnstone, scored a good brave header from close range (got clattered by the keeper i think) against Dundee too, dunno if was just a Sammonesque purple patch.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ha. I quite liked him in spells with us, cant mind why it all faded away for him in the end. Cracking goal from halfway against iirc St Johnstone, scored a good brave header from close range (got clattered by the keeper i think) against Dundee too, dunno if was just a Sammonesque purple patch.

Im just diving into silly season tbh 😁

5 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Aye fans creaming themselves over Oakley and Dowds 😂

And why not??? That's a cracking partnership.....

Wee bit gutted aye??? 

As you offered Dowds terms and also Oakley.....

U should really have been able to out wrestle us but they probably saw Muirhead defending and thought better give that miss ...no point scoring 4 and conceding 5...

11 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Wee bit gutted aye??? 

U should really have been able to out wrestle us but they probably saw Muirhead defending and thought better give that miss ...no point scoring 4 and conceding 5...

Quite right. Can't see Dowds and Oakley scoring 6.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

You have exceptionally low standards.

Also, I’ll be taking no pops about defending from a team captained by Sean McGinty. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

45 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Wee bit gutted aye??? 

I think it's sweet. It's the excitement that shows what pure simple souls you all are.

Good luck to you, you should now be play-off challengers, but don't think for a minute we 'offered Dowds terms' - there was a discussion after returning from loan, but that would have been 'thanks and bye'. There's a reason we actually let him go to you last season.

Our main striker will probably outscore both of them - again - and I'm sure we'll bring someone in as a back-up that'll get 10+ as well.

14 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I think it's sweet. It's the excitement that shows what pure simple souls you all are.

Good luck to you, you should now be play-off challengers, but don't think for a minute we 'offered Dowds terms' - there was a discussion after returning from loan, but that would have been 'thanks and bye'. There's a reason we actually let him go to you last season.

Our main striker will probably outscore both of them - again - and I'm sure we'll bring someone in as a back-up that'll get 10+ as well.

Time will tell ...hope Muirhead recovers from his costing you 2 play off campaigns in a row...

When you firing him into the sea???

38 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Well you tried to sign both...so touche

Definitely don’t think we tried to get Dowds back. Oakley was a paper rumour, one that I think we would’ve at least been interested in though 

2 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Time will tell ...hope Muirhead recovers from his costing you 2 play off campaigns in a row...

Not a fan of any kind of blame game for the Dingwall match, but Aaron Muirhead would be quite far down the list and I’m not aware of him solely costing us the most recent play off defeat either, so not sure what you’ve based that on other than the fact Muirhead can be a bit of a p***k and you don’t like him. 

14 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

When you firing him into the sea???

Poor stuff, letting your dislike of Muirhead get the better of you.

As someone else said, Muirhead is FAR down the list of people we could blame - not that we're playing the blame game anyway.

Anyway, off you pop - should be planning the title party with your pals instead of hanging around here!