The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Don’t particularly mind the overall design of that top and not against the badge being in the centre but the sponsor really ruins it IMO. 

I like centre badging, but just doesn't work with a sponsor that tall. Without the big C or the C on the same line as Clydebuilt then that bit would have had a chance.

Looks like I’m in the very small minority but I think it’s a cracker. I’m all for getting something different unlike Joma just giving us the blandest kits that we’ve already had.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Allow the fans 3-4 strip options so we can vote and bodyswerve designs hardly anyone will buy.

Is that the case though?  Football tops seem to be in this weird space where it really doesn't matter what they look like, plenty of people are going to queue up to buy it anyway, regardless of the ridiculous amounts they're charging these days.  The new Scotland top is fucking hopeless, and people are still snapping it up.  

I do agree with the wider point though, would like to see some options so they can gauge interest, and at least give the notional impression that if one was uniquely unpopular, they wouldn't go with it.

EDIT: And just to add, I'd imagine even something truly horrific in terms of design will probably appeal to some people out there.  People voluntarily support no mark Premier League sides they've got no connection to.  People are awful and can't be trusted.  

Edited by forameus

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/fan-vote-to-decide-201718-home-kit/

Remember the last kit vote, we should have played in bibs instead of either of these 

Screenshot_20240531_132936_Chrome.jpg

Mental that option A, which for my money is the worst home kit we’ve had in the last 15-20 years, was the better of these two.

Classic Joma though. 

19 minutes ago, forameus said:

Is that the case though?  Football tops seem to be in this weird space where it really doesn't matter what they look like, plenty of people are going to queue up to buy it anyway, regardless of the ridiculous amounts they're charging these days.  The new Scotland top is fucking hopeless, and people are still snapping it up.  

I do agree with the wider point though, would like to see some options so they can gauge interest, and at least give the notional impression that if one was uniquely unpopular, they wouldn't go with it.

EDIT: And just to add, I'd imagine even something truly horrific in terms of design will probably appeal to some people out there.  People voluntarily support no mark Premier League sides they've got no connection to.  People are awful and can't be trusted.  

I agree that sections of every fanbase buy the latest kit regardless of how it looks.

For a club of our size, we need to maximise income from everything. So dont give people an excuse not to buy if they're on the fence kinda thing.

2 hours ago, AlwaysThistle said:

I actually don’t mind it with the black shorts, looks a lot better on that it does advertised online. Still not a huge fan of it though. 

IMG_0542.jpeg

See if the "C" logo was not there at all or smaller, I think it would look a lot better, but it being bigger than our badge makes it look meh as f**k.