The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, AlwaysThistle said:

I actually don’t mind it with the black shorts, looks a lot better on that it does advertised online. Still not a huge fan of it though. 

IMG_0542.jpeg

See if the "C" logo was not there at all or smaller, I think it would look a lot better, but it being bigger than our badge makes it look meh as f**k. 

3 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I agree that sections of every fanbase buy the latest kit regardless of how it looks.

For a club of our size, we need to maximise income from everything. So dont give people an excuse not to buy if they're on the fence kinda thing.

Yeah, that's fair enough.  Can probably count me in that group.  I fundamentally disagree with how much they're charging for something I'll wear at 7s once or twice a week, but if it was a good design I'd probably cave at some point.  If it's shite, I'm extremely unlikely to.  I don't think I'll be getting this one.

LC Fixtures:

Sat 13th July
Thistle v Montrose

Sat 20th July
Edinburgh v Thistle

Tue 23rd July
Thistle v Clyde

Sun 28th Jul (Premier Sports)
Motherwell v Thistle

Worked out great for us. 3/4 weekends, with our free slot in the first midweek. Also both away games at the weekend, AND a wee financial boost from the Well game being picked for TV.

Will Edinburgh City be allowed to take part if they don't get their license issues sorted out? Motherwell away being on the Sunday is a bit crap but other than that, decent.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Will Edinburgh City be allowed to take part if they don't get their license issues sorted out? Motherwell away being on the Sunday is a bit crap but other than that, decent.

I’d assume so - there’s lowland/highland league teams taking part who don’t have a bronze licence. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It really depends on what happens to them after they fail to attain their license, if that does indeed happen. But unless they totally fold, I'd guess it's unlikely their participation in the LC would be impacted.

Outright expulsion from the leagues would open a whole can of worms with the licensing issue in general. There's probably more of a chance the SPFL will hit them with a big points deduction instead, which is almost as good as demotion anyway and would avoid any of the knock-on hassle of trying to shuffle teams between leagues at short notice. And even if they were demoted to the Lowland League, due to what @oneteaminglasgow mentioned above they're probably still eligible to play in this competition anyway.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

That's a bit of a stinker. 

The more I see it the less I dislike it. I think the video of BBG waffling a lot of meaningless pish prejudiced me somewhat. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

LC Fixtures:

Sat 13th July
Thistle v Montrose

Sat 20th July
Edinburgh v Thistle

Tue 23rd July
Thistle v Clyde

Sun 28th Jul (Premier Sports)
Motherwell v Thistle

Worked out great for us. 3/4 weekends, with our free slot in the first midweek. Also both away games at the weekend, AND a wee financial boost from the Well game being picked for TV.

The cash from the Well game being on TV is good, but being the last game of the group stage puts both teams at an advantage if there's a chance of them getting a best-second-place slot which would mean even more cash from progression.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The cash from the Well game being on TV is good, but being the last game of the group stage puts both teams at an advantage if there's a chance of them getting a best-second-place slot which would mean even more cash from progression.

More of an 'and' for me. A win-win.

5 hours ago, cilitbang said:

I agree that sections of every fanbase buy the latest kit regardless of how it looks.

For a club of our size, we need to maximise income from everything. So dont give people an excuse not to buy if they're on the fence kinda thing.

For what it’s worth, merchandise sales rates, including shirt sales rates, don’t make a significant difference to our financial position. Broadly speaking, Greaves pays a pre-agreed sum for the rights to be the official merchandising partner. It then assumes most of the risk and retains the profits/assumes the losses on any particular line.

Obviously, it’s in the Club’s interests to encourage fans to buy the merch, so that there’s clear value to merchandise distributors/suppliers in teaming-up with us. But under the current deal the Club doesn’t lose out if shirt sales are sluggish and it doesn’t really see any up-side if they sell like hot-cakes.

What it could influence are the discussions on commercial partnerships in future seasons. I believe the existing Greaves deal expires at the end of season 2025-26.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would you guys take Kerr mcinroy back? Saw he was in your team at the start of the season, then possibly fell out of the starting 11 towards the end? 

As a squad player, yes. Can definitely blow hot and cold, but think he’s got decent quality in him played in the right team. Wouldn’t be fussed if he signed elsewhere though, he possibly wouldn’t get in our best starting XI of last season if all players were fit. He’s probably not good enough for the step up but imagine he could have 1 or 2 championship offers, and Doolan seemed to like him. 

Edited by JagsCG